Recruiting Update

Brett Vito

Don't get depressed so quickly....it does appear that UNT will sign some good JUCO players...signings will come...LB, DB and OL should come soon on the paperwork...have a little faith. Geeezzzz, already using the word "bust" with a class that only the JUCO's can sign letters for at this point is a bit negative, wouldn't you say? Come on......

Guest GrayEagleOne

We have a commitment from one of the five unsigned defensive tackles (Adkinsin) and probably a legitimate shot at two of the others. I think that Mark Crawford (the highest rated) and Pauli Latu are both going to Louisville if they are offered. I don't know why we haven't received a commitment from Sean Warren yet. His other major offers were from UAB and La Tech and he hasn't accepted there either. I hope that he has qualified and that he is with the February signees. Vito talked about Jeremy Bean. He has visited Tulsa and, if they offer, I would expect him to accept. But, I don't know what their status is on defensive linemen so if they are full then we should be able to sign him in February.

We need some quality JUCO defensive lineman really bad due to graduation and inexperience of the active roster, particularly at tackle. Here's hoping that we get both (and Adkinsin as well).

We have a commitment from one of the five unsigned defensive tackles (Adkinsin) and probably a legitimate shot at two of the others. I think that Mark Crawford (the highest rated) and Pauli Latu are both going to Louisville if they are offered. I don't know why we haven't received a commitment from Sean Warren yet. His other major offers were from UAB and La Tech and he hasn't accepted there either. I hope that he has qualified and that he is with the February signees. Vito talked about Jeremy Bean. He has visited Tulsa and, if they offer, I would expect him to accept. But, I don't know what their status is on defensive linemen so if they are full then we should be able to sign him in February.

We need some quality JUCO defensive lineman really bad due to graduation and inexperience of the active roster, particularly at tackle. Here's hoping that we get both (and Adkinsin as well).

So basically we have a lot of "no's" and several "hold your breath's"? I'm not too giddy.

Jeremy Bean is an OT.