Lonnie Finch

eulesseagle

I don't drink coffee or smoke. Maybe I should.

I know people who have coached in college and know many more who have played college ball. It irks me to no end to see people like Dan McCarney thrown under the bus after years of hard work. Then, to have a punk of an AD and carpetbagging coach come along and piss it all away in two years...it's gross.

Iowa State's football program was as traditionally poor and downtrodden as any could get when he was hired. To have taken them to five bowl games in his final seven years there was amazing. To post wins over teams like Nebraska that spent decades running roughshod over them was like a dream to longsuffering Cyclone fans.

The current AD and Chizik could have cared less. McCarney was born there, raised there, married there, raised his family there, and lifted the stature of the ISU program to heights only seen occassionally before. The other two could care less. I understand Chizik leaving completely. He's a failure as a head coach, exceedingly overmatched by the excellent coaches in the Big 12, and so he bailed. The AD acting "hurt" by Chizik is the biggest joke of the year after what he pulled on McCarney.

When guys like McCarney - true blue, loyal guys with decades of experience - get punked it's sickening to me. I feel the same about what ECU did to Steve Logan and USM did to Jeff Bower. I wish nothing but failure on those programs. Skip Holtz can't keep from interviewing for any job that comes up. Steve Logan never would have done that. He built that program. It's disgusting to watch stuff like that happen.

I don't drink coffee or smoke. Maybe I should.

I know people who have coached in college and know many more who have played college ball. It irks me to no end to see people like Dan McCarney thrown under the bus after years of hard work. Then, to have a punk of an AD and carpetbagging coach come along and piss it all away in two years...it's gross.

Iowa State's football program was as traditionally poor and downtrodden as any could get when he was hired. To have taken them to five bowl games in his final seven years there was amazing. To post wins over teams like Nebraska that spent decades running roughshod over them was like a dream to longsuffering Cyclone fans.

The current AD and Chizik could have cared less. McCarney was born there, raised there, married there, raised his family there, and lifted the stature of the ISU program to heights only seen occassionally before. The other two could care less. I understand Chizik leaving completely. He's a failure as a head coach, exceedingly overmatched by the excellent coaches in the Big 12, and so he bailed. The AD acting "hurt" by Chizik is the biggest joke of the year after what he pulled on McCarney.

When guys like McCarney - true blue, loyal guys with decades of experience - get punked it's sickening to me. I feel the same about what ECU did to Steve Logan and USM did to Jeff Bower. I wish nothing but failure on those programs. Skip Holtz can't keep from interviewing for any job that comes up. Steve Logan never would have done that. He built that program. It's disgusting to watch stuff like that happen.

Shouldn't your venom be directed at McCarney then.... He's the dude that resigned. But maybe you were hoping people would forget that fact?

ESPN.com - McCarney Resignation effective at season's end

Guest GrayEagleOne

McCarney is an Iowan but he was born in Iowa City and played at the University of Iowa. But, you're right, he did a great deal for the Iowa State program, yet apparently resigned under pressure.

He's not a head coach but he did land on his feet. As the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach at Florida he probably makes as much as he did at ISU. And, he'll be on the sidelines for the "national championship", something that he could never have accomplished at Iowa State.