Houston Baptist (12/15/08)

CMJ

Wasn't able to listen or attend the game tonight. I checked the box score and looks like we shot the ball well. I assume our defense was pretty bad once again? I hate to call it early, but I don't think we'll continue at this rate or winning once we hit conference play.

Wasn't able to listen or attend the game tonight. I checked the box score and looks like we shot the ball well. I assume our defense was pretty bad once again? I hate to call it early, but I don't think we'll continue at this rate or winning once we hit conference play.

Of course we're not gonna go thru league play with only 2-3 losses. I don't think anyone has in Belt play wince WKU in about 2002.

We're beating the teams we should be beating(unlike many of out SBC brethren). We've only had one bad game so far. I like our chances.

I'm sorry, but is still WKU building? :P

After losing Lee and Brazleton, they are as close to rebuilding as they have been in awhile. WKU also already has the reputation of being a solid program that knocks off top teams and solid year in and out. If UNT isn't careful we will have a reputation of our own, of playing a weak OOC schedule to eek out 20 wins after we struggle through conference play. I'm ready to move on from patting ourselves on the back for 20 wins against a joke schedule and get into WKU territory. Then we can schedule the cupcakes because we then can schedule a Louisville and beat them, too.

We never do. Minus the OSU/Indiana/UT that we play every year, our OOC schedule is weak and never seems to prepare the team for conference play. Maybe this year will the year that changes, but I can't predict that since there is nothing to point at as a indicator that will happen.

After losing Lee and Brazleton, they are as close to rebuilding as they have been in awhile. WKU also already has the reputation of being a solid program that knocks off top teams and solid year in and out. If UNT isn't careful we will have a reputation of our own, of playing a weak OOC schedule to eek out 20 wins after we struggle through conference play. I'm ready to move on from patting ourselves on the back for 20 wins against a joke schedule and get into WKU territory. Then we can schedule the cupcakes because we then can schedule a Louisville and beat them, too.

Bro...we've had like 5 or 6 total 20 win seasons in our history(and most of those were 30+ years ago). We ARE still building.

I just got home from the game. I was disappointed that we let Houston Baptist off the hook. We could have easily beat them by 30 or more. Even when it got close, it never really was, we would just crank up the heat and pull away. The guys lost focus and played to the level of the opponent. JJ even acknowledged that the team lost focus in the post-game interview. Also, Dominique had a beautiful no look, behind back assist that was awesome. White looked much better thought still not playing at his best.... Come on White!! We need you!

Failed dunk by #21 was the highlight of the night.

The band did a great job of heckling Purdue transfer #21 Gordon Scott, and #11 Justin Wilson.

We were setting on the opposite end of the pit from the band, but we could clearly hear "Gordon, Everyone remembers what happened (Botched dunk)." The band also chanted Gordon's name and even cheered him after a successful dunk. "Gordon, we are proud of you." Gordon was a good sport about it and even tried to fake out the student's left-right chant after he fouled out.

The band mimicked the Smurf's theme when the 5'6 Wilson had the ball.

Great heckling that was based on humor and was not crude or mean-spirited. At least what we could hear was.

The band did a great job of heckling Purdue transfer #21 Gordon Scott, and #11 Justin Wilson.

We were setting on the opposite end of the pit from the band, but we could clearly hear "Gordon, Everyone remembers what happened (Botched dunk)." The band also chanted Gordon's name and even cheered him after a successful dunk. "Gordon, we are proud of you." Gordon was a good sport about it and even tried to fake out the student's left-right chant after he fouled out.

The band mimicked the Smurf's theme when the 5'6 Wilson had the ball.

Great heckling that was based on humor and was not crude or mean-spirited. At least what we could hear was.

Gordon Watt was a good sport. As Houston Baptist got off the bench to shake hands with the Mean Green, the first thing Watt did was turn around and give the Pit Crew a smile and a military salute. I suspect he would have rather saluted us with the middle finger though.

The Pit Crew was small, but vocal last night. And I've never seen the band so involved in the game. Great job.

I was glad that Colt Mangrum got in last night. But I would have rather seen him come in with a 25 or 30 point lead. I guess the game was in hand as he came in with 59.? seconds left, but I was worried that Houston Baptist would find a way to make this a buzzer beater. Whew.

Also, why does someone with the talent of Gordon Scott (#21) end up at HBU ? Not to bag on HBU, but Scott was the real deal. I'm surprised he ended up at HBU. Is he from Houston ?

On to La-La Thursday night.

GO MEAN GREEN

The Pit Crew was small, but vocal last night. And I've never seen the band so involved in the game. Great job.

I was glad that Colt Mangrum got in last night. But I would have rather seen him come in with a 25 or 30 point lead. I guess the game was in hand as he came in with 59.? seconds left, but I was worried that Houston Baptist would find a way to make this a buzzer beater. Whew.

Also, why does someone with the talent of Gordon Scott (#21) end up at HBU ? Not to bag on HBU, but Scott was the real deal. I'm surprised he ended up at HBU. Is he from Houston ?

On to La-La Thursday night.

GO MEAN GREEN

As I recall....I think it said he was from Evanston, Illinois. Most of the HBU roster was from Houston (Houston, Katy, Pearland). I think 10 of their 13 were from the greater Houston area.