A Few Recruiting Notes

Harry

Just a comment on this, my take is that when it comes down to getting a player from the JayHawk league versus SWJC I go with the Jayhawk. That said, I am surprised that they only have one spot to give at this most critical position. Perhaps they are saving them for high school late qualifiers that they think can make a more immediate and long term impact. Also surprised that they did not land a JUCO rush end, but again we may see a February sign there as well.

Doesn't sound like Mr. Atkinson is a very sure bet at this point. He becomes even more shaky if he doesn't come at the semester break...seems he may jump at the first BCS school to offer him, and if he waits until February to sign, there will be more suitors.

THIS IS VERY SCARY since we look to not be going after the Warren kid...I HAVE A HORRIBLE FEELING ABOUT OUR ABILITY TO KEEP THIS GUY... :(

Doesn't sound like Mr. Atkinson is a very sure bet at this point. He becomes even more shaky if he doesn't come at the semester break...seems he may jump at the first BCS school to offer him, and if he waits until February to sign, there will be more suitors.

THIS IS VERY SCARY since we look to not be going after the Warren kid...I HAVE A HORRIBLE FEELING ABOUT OUR ABILITY TO KEEP THIS GUY... :(

Ditto , doesn't really seem like a commit if he will jump ship as soon as another offer is available.

It's like telling the ugliest girl in school during the school year , "Yeah i'll go to the prom with you.... unless someone else comes available"

I say give it to Warren if he wants/can come at semester break. I can almost see it now : Atkinson gets a late offer and bails while Warren transfers at the break which will lead us empty handed.

Edited by NT03

or if things turn out right. Atkinson transfers at the break, and then Warren changes his tune and signs in Feb......Who am I kidding, if I had to lean way one or the other it would be on us getting neither.

I wonder how much the APR loss is hurting us in a situation like this.

I also wonder how many Dodge is planning on signing who can transfer in during the break. Right now we're at 2(LB and WR) maybe 3 already onboard to be here in Spring.

The quotes from Atkinson worries me alot. Like everyone else is saying, it seems he jumps ship at the first other school to offer.

Edited by H-towngreen

It's like telling the ugliest girl in school during the school year , "Yeah i'll go to the prom with you.... unless someone else comes available"

Good scenario but let me add a twist. What if you are 100% certain the ugly girl will put out but only 25% the better looking option will? Do you load up on the alcohol and go for the sure thing or roll the dice on the prettier girl?

Good scenario but let me add a twist. What if you are 100% certain the ugly girl will put out but only 25% the better looking option will? Do you load up on the alcohol and go for the sure thing or roll the dice on the prettier girl?

Wait...wait...wait. I'm trying to figure this one out here........Do we know which one is the better lay? And if I go for the ugly one 1) will the lights be off and 2) how many of my friends are going to be around.

Wait...wait...wait. I'm trying to figure this one out here........Do we know which one is the better lay? And if I go for the ugly one 1) will the lights be off and 2) how many of my friends are going to be around.

very good grasshopper, always good to get the specifics. In this scenario they are the same quality in layingish, however, with the ugly one the lights are on and two of your friends are hiding in the closet taking pics with camera phone. One even sneaks out and smacks you on the left buttocks while the other sings the UNT fight song.

Where did you get the idea that NT wasn't offerring Warren. Rivals shows him with offers from NT, UAB, N Colorado and Lamar as of 11-2, NT evidently has only one ship they can give in early signing...due to APRA ? which they chose to give to Atkinsin, ...but they can and I believe have offerred Sean Warren to sign in February . It could be that Warren won't graduate until after the spring semester, I don't know

I heard rumors NT might get another DT commit in the next couple of days....stay hopeful don't don't join the naysayers. OldTimer

and can't commit early.

This baffles me. Warren is a nationally ranked recruit that would come here if offered. So we aren't offering him. Meanwhile, the guy we did offer is telling folks that he is keeping his options open...and may not be able to transfer in Dec anyway.

Is there any position that we need more than DT? We have tight ends playing defensive tackle and we tell this guy to wait?

I just don't get it.

Where did you get the idea that NT wasn't offerring Warren. Rivals shows him with offers from NT, UAB, N Colorado and Lamar as of 11-2, NT evidently has only one ship they can give in early signing...due to APRA ? which they chose to give to Atkinsin, ...but they can and I believe have offerred Sean Warren to sign in February . It could be that Warren won't graduate until after the spring semester, I don't know

I heard rumors NT might get another DT commit in the next couple of days....stay hopeful don't don't join the naysayers. OldTimer

This baffles me. Warren is a nationally ranked recruit that would come here if offered. So we aren't offering him. Meanwhile, the guy we did offer is telling folks that he is keeping his options open...and may not be able to transfer in Dec anyway.

Is there any position that we need more than DT? We have tight ends playing defensive tackle and we tell this guy to wait?

I just don't get it.

and can't commit early.

I hope it is Warren. He's highly rated, can transfer at mid-term and wants to be here. Of course a few other highly rated young men expressed interest in playing here but ended up elsewhere without an offer from NT.

Edited by UNTLifer

Where did you get the idea that NT wasn't offerring Warren.

According to Vito's blog linked above:

I talked to Sean Warren for a couple of minutes today and he said he was in contact with UNT, but the Mean Green pulled its offer when Atkinson committed. White said the coaches at UNT and UAB both told him they had one midterm scholarship to offer and didn't have room for him after picking up commitments from Atkinson and Wells, respectively.

very good grasshopper, always good to get the specifics. In this scenario they are the same quality in layingish, however, with the ugly one the lights are on and two of your friends are hiding in the closet taking pics with camera phone. One even sneaks out and smacks you on the left buttocks while the other sings the UNT fight song.

Hmmmm....this is a tough one. Let me add this up real quick

F4-270+lbs>$$(19H43)@93.8%.........carry the 3...........divided by 7...........I'd go with the ugly one!!! Purely based on the spectacle that would be created. That and the ugly one would be cheaper as you don't have to impress her with a fancy dinner. Chilis and a bottle of Jack and you're good to go.

Hmmmm....this is a tough one. Let me add this up real quick

F4-270+lbs>$$(19H43)@93.8%.........carry the 3...........divided by 7...........I'd go with the ugly one!!! Purely based on the spectacle that would be created. That and the ugly one would be cheaper as you don't have to impress her with a fancy dinner. Chilis and a bottle of Jack and you're good to go.

you learn well. Always go for the cheap, easy, sure thing. Absolutely nothing wrong with going hogging.

Per Vito:

Now do you understand my confusion/disappointment. Maybe this just means the offer for December? But either way, it is stupid.

I like how we disappointed the Blinn head coach in the way we handled it.

That hurts a great deal, I am sorry but I would rather pull the Atkinson offer until the spring since he has basically only given a very soft commitment and for some reason with 1 week to go does not know if he will have the hours??? How do you not know if you will have enough hours with less than a week or so to go in classes?

From the sounds of it, it seems as though there is a class that he is having problems with and has to do well on his final exam to pass. So he should know where he stands by the end of the week.

Well to me that reeks of Academic Casualty waiting to happen. I am not being snobbish but JUCO classes are nothing compared to a 4 year school, so just have a hard time believing right now that Atkinsonwill actaully make it to campus, ala Horton.

Hope I am wrong, but having to wait to know if he comes based on a final exam is very risky, but obviously worth taking if it pays off.

All bets are off if said ugly chick swallows. You have to take her. :lol::blink: