Former Unt Lb Jeff Rodgers...

slop64

1. Would someone send this link to RV, and advise him to put it in his electronic file labeled "For the Future[/".

2.Recruit coordinator? How hard could this be for Coach Rogers. All he has to do is compile a "wish list" of needed players and then make a phone call and/or e-mail his dad.

"Hey Dad! I'm e-mailing you my recruiting wish list. Send me a list of your hottest prospects for each position. Thanks! Jeff."

3. Of course, no matter how successful he will be at KS, he still was working with (compared to us) large resources.......and has most of his career.

IMHO, the true test of a great future coach for North Texas is someone who went to Central Arkansas (or some such school) and completely turned them around. Kind of like the coaches at U of Buffalo, WTA$M and Abilene Christian.

To me a great Chef is one who can walk into anyone's house and come up with a great meal using the ingredients that are already there.....instead of bitching (like some prima donna) that they couldn't possibly cook a good meal unless they are provided with the finest products and equipment.

Meanwhile, we've kept our special teams coach who doesn't know what he's doing.

My theory is that Dodge knows he's out next year, so he's keeping guys on board to give them one more year of a college paycheck before they all go back to high school ball. Cynical? Yes, but there's no other way to explain rewarding two years of utter failure for another year. That he also asked that they all be given a raise is simply icing on the cake. Arrogance. Pure arrogance.

Hopefully, Rodgers will be on the list of the new athletic director and coach next November.

Meanwhile, we've kept our special teams coach who doesn't know what he's doing.

My theory is that Dodge knows he's out next year, so he's keeping guys on board to give them one more year of a college paycheck before they all go back to high school ball. Cynical? Yes, but there's no other way to explain rewarding two years of utter failure for another year. That he also asked that they all be given a raise is simply icing on the cake. Arrogance. Pure arrogance.

Hopefully, Rodgers will be on the list of the new athletic director and coach next November.

I have a few questions:

Did Dodge ask that his assistants all get raises?

Will Dodge and RV be gone after next year?

I have a few questions:

Yes, I've been told in PMs that he did. Some of the people who regularly PM me are either players' parents or others who have some inside to the program. Occassionally, I get PMs from a former coach.

Yes, they will be gone. Another one or two win season will be the tipping point. And, since Villareal has chosen to strongly hitch his cart to Dodge's wagon, they both will go together.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

I have a few questions:

I think RV, for all the good he has done, has tied himself to the SS Todd Dodge. I hope TD surprises many of us and goes out and wins 6-8 games next year and thus deserve to stay, but right now if we get another 2-4 win season Dodge probably is gone and if RV does not do it, someone else higher should as well as send RV packing as well.

Well, I've received PM's from player's parents also. I always read these reminding myself that they are, at times, way to emotionally invested to sometimes post objective thoughts.

Has RV "hitched his cart to Dodge's wagon" or can the department not afford to be paying two past coach's buyout clauses?