Boomer Sooner

MeanGreengdub

Tough call. Utah and Boise St both had undefeated seasons and are solid teams. Id have to say that Boise State is your natioanl champion, provided both win their bowl games.

Remember when BYU pulled that off around 1984ish? That's what got this whole BCS thing started when the major conferences started circling their wagons to keep those unwashed masses in those filthy smaller programs out of the running.

Remember when BYU pulled that off around 1984ish? That's what got this whole BCS thing started when the major conferences started circling their wagons to keep those unwashed masses in those filthy smaller programs out of the running.

The Bowl Coalition was the first step towards the modern BCS, and it was established in 1992 when the two previous years there had been split National Titles(Colorado/Geogia Tech & Miami/Washington). So I would think it was more because of the split titles. *shrug*

This whole BCS thing would be like stopping March Madness at the Sweet 8 and have people voting on the last 8 teams left in the Dance to decide who should be crowned the "national champ".

It's truly pathetic for college football. What if Bama beat Florida , USC didn't lose to OSU and Crabtree didn't make that catch vs the Longhorns ?? What in the world could they do to justify picking just 2 of those 3 for a title game.

They beat the number 1 team in the country on a neutral field in October. They beat both teams that played for the Big 12 title. Their only could've been avoided if a freshman safety could catch the ball.

I got Florida by alot, and in the process they break Bradford's other hand.

I have 3 favorite teams, the Mean Green, whoever is playing against Loser State U, and whoever is playing against O-Who.

Isn't the LOSER state really the samething as O Who ?

Texas.

45-35.

Fuck Oklahoma.

Haha wow.

What about when TT beat UT? Then OU beat TT? The head-to-head argument doesn't work because of UT losing to TT. OU got the better part of the schedule. People need to quit whining.

What about when TT beat UT? Then OU beat TT? The head-to-head argument doesn't work because of UT losing to TT. OU got the better part of the schedule. People need to quit whining.

Head to head works in every "argument" in every conference between teams with identical records except the one the B12 uses. 0U and Bob Stoops have to use TT as their crutch, because they don't have anything else to use. "No, we didn't beat them, but look! THEY DID! And WE beat THEM!"

Puff out your chest, Bobby!

Texas knew the rules before they played. They need to man up.

0U sucks 24/7. Their success is bad for Texas schools. They run a crooked program, and their successes have been built on scandal in every instance. How anyone can root for those guys is beyond me.

To clarify: They suck. And if that isn't clear: They suck. :P

Edited by LongJim

They Just about every BCS school out there runs a crooked program, and their successes have been built on scandal in every instance. How anyone can root for those guys is beyond me.

To clarify: They suck. And if that isn't clear: They suck. :P

Fixed that for you. Just in case we wanna' play the "But the school that I didn't attend in my state is cleaner than the school you didn't attend in your state" game, here's a 2007 reminder of the home team's shenanigans.

Eight current or former Longhorn football players have been arrested since Texas claimed the national championship against Southern California in the 2006 Rose Bowl.

I have no use for any of these programs or the unaffiliated douches that take their entire personal identity from a bunch of logo helmeted kids that can throw an oblong ball. Send 'em to the NFL. I'll stay here and watch my local student athletes.

Fixed that for you. Just in case we wanna' play the "But the school that I didn't attend in my state is cleaner than the school you didn't attend in your state" game, here's a 2007 reminder of the home team's shenanigans.

That's a straw man argument. Arrests in ANY progam have nothing to do with 0U being put on probation after every run of success they have had, and doesn't change that fact. They run a crooked program. They have since the 1950's.

And again--0U's success is bad for Texas schools. Including UNT.

I have no use for any of these programs or the unaffiliated douches that take their entire personal identity from a bunch of logo helmeted kids that can throw an oblong ball. Send 'em to the NFL. I'll stay here and watch my local student athletes.

Okey-doke.

Edited by LongJim

Texas.

45-35.

Fuck Oklahoma.

The "45-35" arguement is tiring now. It doesn't matter. TT, UT, and OU all beat up on eachother and everyone knows that. OU passed Texas because they had a much much togher non-conference schedule with playing TCU and Cincy and both are top 15 I believe. OU deserves to be ahead of UT.

Not many of my teams are in bowl games this year.

As for the Bull Crap Series so called Championship...I hate both teams. That statement is not entirely accurate.

I HATE BOTH TEAMS

That is more accurate. Maybe both will sleep in and it will be a double forfeit.