A Blurb In Today's Fw Paper

SUMG

The NT defefence is getting better as CR1028 posted. Only those who read the box scores and the articles in the paper (vito et al.) can only be poisoned by their biased opinion.

IMHO, the last several games showed a vast improvement of play and the team coming together.....the ASU game was a great game (O & D), despite the cold.

eulessismore, if you would like to see a newly created special teams only coach.....where is NT going to get the money????"bailout $ from congress??

Hey, we could easily have a Special Teams only coach. For years, we had only one Defensive Back coach, until TD thought that we needed one coach for corners, one coach for safeties. So, just have one DB coach...and then you could have a Special Teams (only) coach. But what do I know...I'm 0-0 as a college head coach.....but then again, I'm also not 3-24.

I'm not finding any mention of this on the ST website is it strictly in the print version?

It's just a small blurb under "College Notes"...page 7D of the printed edition.

Here's what is says verbatim:

North Texas Football: Coach Todd Dodge said Friday he will not relieve any assistant coaches of their duties, but did not rule out possible position changes. Despite his team finishing 1-11, Dodge said "there was not any resistance" from Athletic Director Rick Villarreal to retaining all assistants.

It's just a small blurb under "College Notes"...page 7D of the printed edition.

Here's what is says verbatim:

North Texas Football: Coach Todd Dodge said Friday he will not relieve any assistant coaches of their duties, but did not rule out possible position changes. Despite his team finishing 1-11, Dodge said "there was not any resistance" from Athletic Director Rick Villarreal to retaining all assistants.

As many times as I saw RV Huffing and Puffing up and down the stairs at Fouts, I was sure he would make TD make changes. But then again the huffing and puffing might be because he's a little out of shape.

A more interesting question might be "Do all of Dodge's assistants want to keep him?" It will be interesting to see how many - if any - of our assistants find other employment during the off season. Some of them probably do not have any options other than North Texas, but some of them certainly do.

As many times as I saw RV Huffing and Puffing up and down the stairs at Fouts, I was sure he would make TD make changes. But then again the huffing and puffing might be because he's a little out of shape.

It's hard going up & down stairs when you've Dr.B's foot up your rear. :lol:

the lack of a plan is a plan. stubborn is as stubborn does. can't wait for the next coach.

The NT defefence is getting better as CR1028 posted. Only those who read the box scores and the articles in the paper (vito et al.) can only be poisoned by their biased opinion.

IMHO, the last several games showed a vast improvement of play and the team coming together.....the ASU game was a great game (O & D), despite the cold.

eulessismore, if you would like to see a newly created special teams only coach.....where is NT going to get the money????"bailout $ from congress??

With better special teams play, we could have beaten Arkansas State, and doubled our win total for this year, presented ourselves to potential recruits and donors as a program which is not regressing, and, oh the money...won't we have DD paid off at some point? Bailout from congress? Only if UNT football incorporates as a bank.

I've been out of town at a funeral. I leave town with bad news...I come home to bad news.

You know what? Great. Let the whole damn ship sink with the high school coach and his high school assistants. There will be no excuse for any of them next season. The excuses offered now are thin enough for an infant to break as it is.

I watched Buffalo last night at a relatives house and he asked me about UNT. Lord...thank you for helping me not kill a relative just a few hours after a funeral.

Anyway, the upside is that if Rick Villareal is this football ignorant, he will likely be gone after the beating we take next season.

I feel bad for the kids getting the shaft. I feel bad for their parents. But...what can you do. No one at UNT is serious about getting better so, they get what they get if they choose to stick out 2009 with this group of jokers.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

for those who want to compare NT to other BCS programs and want to imulate these programs then get ready to ante up "umteen thousands of dollars to "reserve" your season seat (singular) then get ready to pay another umteen thousands of dollars for your season ticket.

for those who want to compare NT to other BCS programs then start lining up hundreds if not thousands of "annual" $300k+ donors to the athletic dept..

dudes.....NT is in the SBC.....a realatively poor stepchild of a conference compared to other programs when it comes to $$$. If you would like I will be available to hit anyone over the head with a 2 by 4 to wake you up out of whatever fanticy land you are in.

BTW.....please don't think because you can beat Ohio State, Texas or Oklahoma, for the national championship, on your X-Box or Madden 2008 that this is reality.

Ya, your right. We should accept our lot in life and never aspire to anything greater. God, how horrible would it be if we were to improve on field performance, add facilities, and join a better conference. I think i'd have to slit my wrist!! Your right, just accept mediocracy. Be thankful that we get to go to Fouts every Saturday and watch UNT get own by 35 at half, suffer the worst year in program history, and then fully support the football coach.

Thank God my parents had higher aspirations for me, otherwise I'd still be sitting in diapers crapping myself (the stage where our football program is at this very moment).

As for your other post about the great recruiting:

Superior talent (as you say Dodge recruited) + worst season in program history = failed coaching

round and round we go

Ya, your right. We should accept our lot in life and never aspire to anything greater. God, how horrible would it be if we were to improve on field performance, add facilities, and join a better conference. I think i'd have to slit my wrist!! Your right, just accept mediocracy. Be thankful that we get to go to Fouts every Saturday and watch UNT get own by 35 at half, suffer the worst year in program history, and then fully support the football coach.

Thank God my parents had higher aspirations for me, otherwise I'd still be sitting in diapers crapping myself (the stage where our football program is at this very moment).

As for your other post about the great recruiting:

Superior talent (as you say Dodge recruited) + worst season in program history = failed coaching

round and round we go

You are right. But he is referring to posts (and I have done it) that says TX this or OU that. We just need to realize where we are, and where we can realistically go. How about Univ. of Houston this or U of H that? Lot of similarities as for location, competition for the sports dollar, demographics, etc. And Conf USA would be fun. Unless the alumnae do a complete 360 or two, there won't be BCS here.