Phil Steele's All Sbc Team

stebo

Interesting to see only one North Texas player on first team - Casey Fitz, and all defensive players after that with the exception of Cam at 3rd team RB. Louisiana really dominates this list, probably why they were so happy to post this on the Belt Board today, lol...

Do you all remember when these teams were just filled with NT players on all 3 teams? Oh my how we have come on rough times.

Link to Phil Steele's ALL SBC teams - 2008-2009

Interesting to see only one North Texas player on first team - Casey Fitz, and all defensive players after that with the exception of Cam at 3rd team RB. Louisiana really dominates this list, probably why they were so happy to post this on the Belt Board today, lol...

Do you all remember when these teams were just filled with NT players on all 3 teams? Oh my how we have come on rough times.

Link to Phil Steele's ALL SBC teams - 2008-2009

Those lists looked about right... but I'm a little confused about the Isaac Thomas pick for 2nd team defense? I am a HUGE Ike Thomas supporter, as most know... but did he really have an all-conference type season? I'm slap-happy when any NT players get recognized in the media, but I'm not sure how these selctions were made? I'm guessing there has to be more to it than stats?

Anyone...Anyone.....Bueller?????

GMG!!!

I think Truman Spencer got the shaft, all he did was lead the conference in punting. I think he suffered because of NT's net punting statistic (worst in the conference, and almost the nation) which was due not to him but NT's extreme bad coverage. The assumption would be from someone who probably never watched a game and is going on statistics is that his punts had little hang time and were easy to return.

A team as bad as NT is not going to get many accolades. I think if Gilmore had got to play de in all the conference games, he would have been a first team player.

Those lists looked about right... but I'm a little confused about the Isaac Thomas pick for 2nd team defense? I am a HUGE Ike Thomas supporter, as most know... but did he really have an all-conference type season? I'm slap-happy when any NT players get recognized in the media, but I'm not sure how these selctions were made? I'm guessing there has to be more to it than stats?

Anyone...Anyone.....Bueller?????

GMG!!!

Thomas and Hill really confused me too, and Robertson may have been a reputation pick. I don't see how one of the worst defenses in recent college history merits anyone on any kind of all-conference team (excluding Nwigne, who deserves accolades).

Thomas and Hill really confused me too, and Robertson may have been a reputation pick. I don't see how one of the worst defenses in recent college history merits anyone on any kind of all-conference team (excluding Nwigne, who deserves accolades).

I felt pretty good about our defense. It seemed as though either poor production or turnovers by the offense put the defense in a bad position most of the season.