How Much Do We Make Per Home Game?

shaft

As anyone ever seen an article or any information on how much revenue the school makes per home game?

I know Texas makes around $5 million per game, and the Star-Telegram had an article this morning that said South Lake Carroll makes around $60,000 per game.

This gets a little murky. Do you want to include the student service fee that the student pays for each game? If not, I would say that on a good day we have 10,000 paid at $15 a pop. That comes to $150,000 plus a percentage of the concessions. Of course, when you factor in the game guarantee for visiting teams, we probably just break even. Just a guess.

How much do we make per home game? Well, personally, I usually make:

6 trips to the porta potties

3 people angry over errantly wafting BBQ smoke

5 or 6 pounds of burnt animal flesh

3 cents per share for the fine people at Miller Brewing

12 comments that my daughter says are inappropriate

1 big mess in the parking lot because they've never got those freaking metal trash cans around

Then we are giving away a lot of free tickets and parking if we only had $72K in revenue. At an average of say $15 per ticket, thats only 4800 tickets sold all year long. On a true P&L statement, revenue, expenses, and profit are all listed.

The question was per game.

The total ticket sales for the year was $362,904 under revenues by source.

The question was per game.

The total ticket sales for the year was $362,904 under revenues by source.

That's just as bad then because we had 5 home games, that's $72K per game, or about 4838 tickets sold at $15 apiece. That isn't counting any parking revenue.

I'm not trying to argue or be a smartass just stating that I don't think $362K could possibly be ticket revenue for 5 home games. I could be wrong, my wife tells me I am all the time.

Edited by GreenMachine

That's just as bad then because we had 5 home games, that's $72K per game, or about 4838 tickets sold at $15 apiece. That isn't counting any parking revenue.

I'm not trying to argue or be a smartass just stating that I don't think $362K could possibly be ticket revenue for 5 home games. I could be wrong, my wife tells me I am all the time.

This is what was signed by Dr. Gretchen M. Bataille and submitted to the NCAA and Equity in Athletics report

This is what was signed by Dr. Gretchen M. Bataille and submitted to the NCAA and Equity in Athletics report

There's no budget line for more posters. That's probably the discrepancy between your logic and the statement. Those SOBs ain't free.

Then we are giving away a lot of free tickets and parking if we only had $72K in revenue. At an average of say $15 per ticket, thats only 4800 tickets sold all year long. On a true P&L statement, revenue, expenses, and profit are all listed.

My season tickets face fvalue say $20, a piece I bought four for the season. I don't recall what I actually paid for them, aside from my MGC membership.

Sad that Todd Dodge may have actually had it better at a high school than a D-1, er FBS school.

Where is my whiskey?

Don't get down on yourself.

Everyone quit tossing around the idea that Southlake is better off. We pump so much money into the football program it's not even close.

I hate budgeting, so someone else clarify:

How much is it costing UNT to play a home game.

How much money are the fans putting in/per home game.

What's the final difference between the two.

Wasn't there an article a year or two ago about how most non-Big 6 programs are actually paying out of pocket to be able to show off a football program?

Edited by greenminer

I hate budgeting, so someone else clarify:

How much is it costing UNT to play a home game. = EXPENSE

How much money are the fans putting in/per home game. = REVENUE

What's the final difference between the two.= PROFIT

according to earlier posts we are only bringing in $72K per game (which I don't believe is correct), not sure what expenses are but have to be pretty high, so that leaves us no profit each game.