1-11: Team's Ability Or Coaches' Errors?

greenjacket

I put this season's poor performance squarely on Coach Dodge and Coach Deloach, period.

Coach Dodge recognized the best players were not played, and he did nothing. As much as he would not want to step on another coach's turf, he was still the head coach. He distanced himself from other position plays, as if it would not impact the outcome of the games; but it did.

Coach Deloach came in with a great deal of expectations from all of us. He was more like a "messiah" after Coach Mendoza's debacle. What happened? He was saddled with baggage, either from inside the coaching staff, or from outside sources; Mendoza Era lived on. Coach Deloach did not play his best players. He allowed himself to be handicapped by craps from last season.

The players recognized what was going on and it impacted their perfomance; their best players were on the sideline. Popularity and favoritism shown by the coaches did not win games and the season proved it. The team was not given the best option to win.

The seniors who chose to play on Saturday were, perhaps, making a statement. It was not an inability on their part that their season was wasted, but poor judgement on their coaches. The seniors who chose not to play, perhaps, had nothing to prove to anyone.

To the 17 seniors: Davenport, Davidson, Dawson, Fitzgerald, Glass, Henderson, Johnson, Mahan, Meager, Miller, Nurudeen, Phillips, Rose, Smith, Spencer, Stickler, and Thomas

may your future be brighter than your past. May you accomplish great things in your lives. Remember your alma mater. You are always MeanGreen. Make us proud. God's Blessings.

just a guess you might want to put on a flame retardent outfit as you are not supposed to question the Messiah!! We are on a 5 year rebuilding plan, unlike any other school in the nation that seem to turn things around in 3 years. <_<

Personally I do not care since Dodge is coming back, besides he can not do any worse and IMO loses the excuse of not having his personnel in place, as so many have been giving him a pass the last 2 years.

Edited by untbowler

I dont think 1-11 does enough justice as to how god awful NT football is right now. I dont have a huge problem with that record if we were competitive in just about most of our games excluding the body bags. The fact that 21 of the 24 games or something like that have game complete blowouts including by our Sunbelt opponents is pretty bad and it is just a hard punch in the gut for the poor players, great alumni and all NT fans. To me this is all about coaching and Todd Dodge is to be fully blamed for this. It is time to accuse Dickey for Dodge's Eff ups and start moving this program back to up.

Wow greenjacket, you really know the in's and the out's of

North Texas football!

DeLoach does not play his best players?

Who do you think is on the field?

Popularity and favoritism? Geez!

I guess the staff has a popularity contest each week

as to who plays and who does not. Where do you get this stuff?

I am so thankful for fans like you!

Wow greenjacket, you really know the in's and the out's of

North Texas football!

DeLoach does not play his best players?

Who do you think is on the field?

Popularity and favoritism? Geez!

I guess the staff has a popularity contest each week

as to who plays and who does not. Where do you get this stuff?

I am so thankful for fans like you!

Yeah Greenjacket...geez! There is no basis for anything you said!