Sam Houston State Part 2 (12/3/08)

CMJ

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the win.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to have to get over it....... but Adam getting less than 3 minutes in a hotly contested game drives me crazy. To be honest, I'm not real sure what DJ does very well but he sure keeps himself on the court.

Probably just the drunken rant of a guy that had too much to drink listening to a NT victory....

Edited by Green P1

Attendance: 3241

That's solid for a Southland conference opponent! I suspect turnout might be low on Saturday despite it being a quality program in NMSU. Damn Big XII title game. <_<

Oh, and can someone get them to change the headline on the game. The final wasn't 61-58 NT. :rolleyes:

The refs really stunk it up toward the end of the game with 3 really bad calls... 1 of them was a back court violation... only problem was we never made it across half court... Maybe someone else had a better vantage point (I was sitting right behind the basket, first row) who can verify.... I am pretty sure I am right on... JJ is normally never in refs face.... but JJ immediately went after him.... then during the next time out JJ started up again with the same ref and even had with his finger in the refs chest with some verbal jousting... I thought he might even get a technical.... the other two calls... one with a phantom call under the bucket, and one out of bounds call the clearly went off of Sam Houston (I was about 10 feet from the play) and they nevertheless gave Sam Houston the ball... all 3 of these calls occurred within a few minutes of each other and toward the end of the game....

Edited by chrisfisher

That's it??? The student section was packed! I expected the official number to be over 4,000.

Student section was packed. Where the hell are the men's basketball season ticket holders? Too busy bitching about our lousy football team in the football forum?

Student section was packed. Where the hell are the men's basketball season ticket holders? Too busy bitching about our lousy football team in the football forum?

If our bball season ticket holders are the same 10 people arguing the same points in an endless loop, we've got bigger problems to deal with.

Really looking forward to getting out to more games soon - this last month or so has sucked.

The refs really stunk it up toward the end of the game with 3 really bad calls... 1 of them was a back court violation... only problem was we never made it across half court... Maybe someone else had a better vantage point (I was sitting right behind the basket, first row) who can verify.... I am pretty sure I am right on... JJ is normally never in refs face.... but JJ immediately went after him.... then during the next time out JJ started up again with the same ref and even had with his finger in the refs chest with some verbal jousting... I thought he might even get a technical.... the other two calls... one with a phantom call under the bucket, and one out of bounds call the clearly went off of Sam Houston (I was about 10 feet from the play) and they nevertheless gave Sam Houston the ball... all 3 of these calls occurred within a few minutes of each other and toward the end of the game....

First call: we got called for not getting the ball over in 10 seconds. The call was correct, we didn't. JJ was not arguing about that, he was arguing that he called time out before the ten seconds was up and therefore SHSU should not get the ball. JJ was right in that he was trying to call timeout (our seats are right behind the UNT bench), but apparently no one heard him.

I don't recognize the other two calls you described. But on balance, 40 minutes, we got our share of good calls.