Houston

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started posting comments in the wrong threat...haha.... White is having a really bad game. I am getting worried about this one. I hope Dominique will start lighting it up.

Edited by chrisfisher

amazingly you can't just dribble around for 15 seconds and expect to find a good shot...ohh...also if you're 5'8", those guys inside are probably bigger than you

I hear you... I hate when they get into that playing catch mode around the perimeter with everyone standing around like statues.

I'm not sure what Johnny's plan was for this one, but it's been terrible.

The 3 little guard line up has been terrible...especially against teams with talented, big wings. I don't understand the Josh White dietyzation (just made that up) that has already occurred for JJ...Josh commits 2 early T.O.s...so instead of bringing in Johnson and reigning in Josh a bit...McCoy sits for the rest of the half while Josh struggles and TT forces up bad shots and runs into every defender trying to take a charge. Collin started to heat up in the first half...but then he sat to start to the second...he needed touches to get going and not finding out if he's found his shot to start the second was a poor choice.

A frontline rotation of Odufuwa, Tramiel and Hogans is certainly undersized...but that doesn't mean you have to go to Howerton for extended minutes...especially when he's fumbling the ball everytime he touches it...short teams often go to a zone when they're outmanned inside...maybe try that every once in a while.

If JJ is feeling out a rotation...fine...but a game against Houston is not the time to expiriment...or hope that Josh gets going and play him 38 minutes despite his sloppy turnovers and poor shooting and shot selection

I'm going to go get drunk and sum this up more either tomorrow morning...or if I strike out you'll see me back on here about 1 am central

From what I heard, Howerton did not have a good game. I know of one point in the second half he missed a dunk (at 6-10??). I also wondered why he did play extended minutes...according to Penders they scored 34 points in the paint on us in the second half!!! Interesting that Melvin Haralson is an assistant there now. I listened to the UH broadcast and they were not very impressed with us... just a bad game we need to forget about and move on from.