Demarius "shug" Jones

This appears to be slightly old news, but Dallas Pinkston(?) combo guard DeMarius Jones has left South Alabama. This is a top 20 Texas scoring guard who could still have 4 years of eligibility remaining...plus picking him from a SBC rival who is trying to establish a recruiting pipeline into Texas would be a nice land. I can't find any word on exactly why he left...but JagsJungle has sme talk going about players not being happy with the way Ronnie Arrow is running the program, so I don't think its a major disciplinary problem with Jones.

Great catch CBL.

From Jags Jungle, 11/15:

“Damarius has personal problems, he feels that it is best for him to handle those on his own. We wish him the best in whatever path he chooses to follow.” (Ronnie Arrow)

From Jags Jungle, 11/22:

Are we absolutely sure that Shug Jones is no longer on the team? I ask bc the game note found (http://www.usajaguars.com/View...;ATCLID=1623500) here say that he "Did not dress for the exhibition contest against West Florida due to personal reasons." That doesn't sound like he quit.

From Jags Jungle, 11/12:

Can anybody give us the scoop on what happened? I know the kid from San Antonio left this summer for playing time, though he is a walk on at uab, but in total that is three Texas high schoolers that we signed in two years and basically never saw the court. This from the state RA is most familiar with.

Would he be available to play immediately or sit out one season?

I think it would depend on when he transfers and signs with another school...if he did it before Christmas I believe he'd be eligible for conference play 2010 as a freshman with no redshirt left...not 100% sure though