Fw*telegram Nt Seniors Leave With Fond Memories

OldTimer

http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sport...ry/1064743.html

Some interesting information excerpts

17 outgoing NT srs, 8 were true freshmen in 04 all redshirts and the others were 2005 freshmen who didn't redshirt.

2005 freshmen only 10 of that years 21 incoming freshmen remain. 7 of the 10 will be redshirted seniors next year,

9 of NT's current seniors are current or former walk ons.

What a biased article...Troy must not read this board. For that matter, Colt, Isaac and Casey must not read this board (thank God). These quotes were obviously archived since their sophomore season.

Big props to Isaac...I am ashamed by the negative drivel (some of it my own) that spews from this board when I see a guy who has lost his dad, and who could have lost his leg, say,

"You play for the guy next to you," said Thomas, who was hospitalized last February with a severe blood clot in one leg. "It’s hard to be upset when you get to play college football on scholarship. I had a great opportunity for five years. A lot of people out there can’t even walk."

Thanks to all the Seniors, but especially those that stood up for this article, and BRAVELY spoke positively about their time here. I predict these guys will be outstanding men, wherever they land.

GMG...BASt

Matt Phillips, you also make the list of my most admired Seniors. I tried to get around to say thank you to a few of the Seniors after the game.

When I thanked Matt Phillips, he volunteered:

"I really enjoyed being here."

Another good guy who I predict will be a good man, no matter what his choice of career.

Thanks Seniors. And best wishes to the Frosh, Sophs and Juniors that will persevere as NT football players next year.

GMG