Please God, Don't Let Texas Make The Title Game

As a transplanted Californian, I view UT as most of you view USC...an NCAA juggernaut with way too much money and way too many douche fans that have no connection to the school other than it being regionally trendy. Please let it be somebody, anybody else.

I had one of the worst experiences at a football game in my life at DKR last night that left my Longhorn alum wife reduced to tears. I know several great Texas fans - including longjim and my inlaws - but it will be very hard for me to root for Texas ever again. The sad part is that the people who made the experience what it was are the community college douches who never attended a class on campus.

Texas was my preferred choice before last night, but I'll now be waving a Sooner flag tomorrow night (just kidding - I probably just won't care that much and make jokes about whatever happens.)

I had one of the worst experiences at a football game in my life at DKR last night that left my Longhorn alum wife reduced to tears. I know several great Texas fans - including longjim and my inlaws - but it will be very hard for me to root for Texas ever again. The sad part is that the people who made the experience what it was are the community college douches who never attended a class on campus.

Very sorry to hear of that experience. :( I hope you gave the idiots as good as you got.

Texas was my preferred choice before last night, but I'll now be waving a Sooner flag tomorrow night (just kidding - I probably just won't care that much and make jokes about whatever happens.)

What happened? I always hate to hear about things no matter where the game is.

Screw that, I cannot stand the Sooners. They always get a bs ticket to a bowl game they will lose or a ride to the national title game despite losing their conference. I am sick of the USC, Florida, LSU, OU, UT, and Ohio State filled bowl games, it's garbage. I hope Alabama beats Florida and OU loses to Okie Lite. It is my hope that 2 fresh teams can get in for a change, Alabama v. Texas Tech would be a nice change. It will never happen though, Tech and schools like it don't have the "tradition" to get the extra boost in the bcs standings. Did I mention I hate the BCS?

UT fans with the 45-35 signs are retarded. They are STILL ahead of OU right now. If OU looses tomorrow (which they wont) they will STILL be ahead of OU. They had those signs out a little too early. People who say OU shouldn't be in the National Championship game obviously haven't watched very much college football. OU and Florida are the two best teams and I think they will end up in the championship game. The BCS is what it is. Teams get screwed every year so until they change it, might as well get use to it.

Texas will get the #2 slot in the BCS, they beat OU by two possessions and beat up on okie state.

If oklahoma cant beat up on okie state then they cant argue anymore, also I believe that okie state will give the sooners a run for their money, they are top ten team and are playing in stillwater.....

Go Oklahoma State

Texas will get the #2 slot in the BCS, they beat OU by two possessions and beat up on okie state.

If oklahoma cant beat up on okie state then they cant argue anymore, also I believe that okie state will give the sooners a run for their money, they are top ten team and are playing in stillwater.....

Go Oklahoma State

ou will dominate osu and bypass texas in the poll. texas and tech fans will cry. :D

I think the sheer annoyance of the damn boomer sooner fight song should keep OU out of the title game.

Well that's what happens when you put up 60+ points in 5 consecutive games. Quality analysis though.

Florida vs. Oklahoma national championship game.

There is NO ARGUMENT to jump Oklahoma over Texas. Texas beat them. I don't understand how anyone could possibly rank OU higher than Texas at this point. Even if you look at the margin - Texas lost to Tech by one score in Lubbock, OU lost to Texas by two scores no a neutral field, Tech lost to OU by... Ok, I lost count, and that beating as so bad, it didn't really matter WHERE it happened.

There are 12 games played for a reason. The season shouldn't come down to "who is hot right now" but rather the entire body of work should be considered. If it is a tie between the 3, then pollsters should seriously consider the above arument when placing the three teams. If the voters were fair and didn't have an axe to grind, Texas would win both human polls and a little bump in the computer margins for OU wouldn't be enough.

...hopefully voters will not like the sports media essentially telling them how they should vote and will do the right thing.

Well that's what happens when you put up 60+ points in 5 consecutive games. Quality analysis though.

Florida vs. Oklahoma national championship game.

Yea right, they play that song when they call a time out, when they kick off, when they get a first down, when they have to punt, when the wind blows and so on.

UT fans with the 45-35 signs are retarded. They are STILL ahead of OU right now. If OU looses tomorrow (which they wont) they will STILL be ahead of OU. They had those signs out a little too early. People who say OU shouldn't be in the National Championship game obviously haven't watched very much college football. OU and Florida are the two best teams and I think they will end up in the championship game. The BCS is what it is. Teams get screwed every year so until they change it, might as well get use to it.

How's OU's defense?

How's OU's defense?

Same as any Big 12 team this year - vanilla with no press coverage and plain blitzes and you can run 400 bubble screens a game on it.

My Texas experience was dramatized for board purposes (and then I couldn't get back on), but there was no fair way to settle this and, having watched Texas in person three times this year, they have no defensive speed to keep up with Florida or the line play to push back Bama's defense.

Maybe Golden Boy Daniel can take advantage of the Sooners losing their starting two MLB's with Chase Coffman and shock the world, but I wouldn't bet on it. I also was so proud of the wife last night (damn Texas grad) when she said "I don't know why anyone thought we deserved the title spot and is freaking out about this." She may not be Quinn, but I'd hit it.