chrisfisher

Lot's of SBC men's hoops on tap tonight - KAjunRaider®,

James Madison 81, FAU 64 Final nm - KAjunRaider®

stAte 76 at UT-Martin 67~~ nm - KAjunRaider®

Big Win~ UALR 71, Creighton 69 ~~ nm - KAjunRaider®

Cajuns 79, Oral Roberts 75 OT ~~ nm - KAjunRaider®

Troy 68, Georgia State 63 ~~ nm - KAjunRaider®

Warhawks 60, Stephen F. Austin 58 ~~ nm - KAjunRaider®

I'm kinda lazy tonight so I just copied all of KAjunRaider's posts off the 'Belt Board.

Sunbelt RPI Update

19 AR Little Rock

23 Arkansas State

165 South Alabama

170 North Texas

191 Denver

202 Florida Atlantic

223 Florida Intlernational

235 LA Lafayette

256 MTSU

300 Troy

310 LA Monroe

325 New Orleans

339 Western Kentucky

I must say, it is sort of amusing to see WKU so near the bottom of all D1 schools.

Sunbelt RPI Update

19 AR Little Rock

23 Arkansas State

165 South Alabama

170 North Texas

191 Denver

202 Florida Atlantic

223 Florida Intlernational

235 LA Lafayette

256 MTSU

300 Troy

310 LA Monroe

325 New Orleans

339 Western Kentucky

I must say, it is sort of amusing to see WKU so near the bottom of all D1 schools.

Crazy right? Sweet 16 to the bottom of the D-1 in less than 4 games since the tourny. Sargarin has us around 100. If we can beat Houston, we'll move up signficantly.

I mean, honestly none of these ranking systems are that accurate right now(and it's debatable how accurate they are at years end...I remember acouple years ago Kentucky barely snuck into the tournament and they were in the low 20's in the RPI). Still, they're fun to look at! :)

Edited by CMJ

FAU has been playing great ball considering they're without Carlos Monroe. I'm really impressed with what Jarvis has done in such a short time and am strongly considering never again predicting where they will finish in the SBC. Xavier Perkins is a strong bodied wing (6'4" 225) sophmore who has scored 17, 24, and 20 in the Owls last three games...Shavar Richardson is a true freshman combo guard who is second on the team in scoring...Brett Royster is an athletic post (from Arlington, sigh) who has 15 blocks thru six games, 4 in each of his last three games. In the last week FAU has played 2 games on the west coast (loss to Arizona, win over Santa Clara), stopped back at home (win over UMKC), then packed back up for a trip to face Stephen Curry and Davidson and follow that up immediatly with this game at James Madison. They're tired...and they've done all this without Monroe. Two more on the road, but winnable games, then another winnable game at home before conference play starts. Right now I hope Jarvis is doing all he can to schedule San Francisco so he can punch Rex Walters for this schedule.

UALR is still undefeated, really with 3 quality wins (Pepperdine, La Tech and Creighton). This team is essentially the same group from last year...except Matt Mouzy appears to have a green light from anywhere, and the role players who were chipping in 5 and 6 ppg last season are up to around 10.

ASU looks good...and if they get Yima Chia Kur eligible that will only add to their depth. They do lack size though...they're a bit like us only smaller upfront and loaded with big guards.

ULL finally decides to pick up their first win...Travis Bureau is playing well, but this team is really struggling without Chris Gradnigo and Randell Diagle in the backcourt

ULM won without Tony Hooper...not sure if he's hurt but he has really struggled out of the gate with his scoring. Looking at how SFA shot the ball this may've been more a case of them losing a game than ULM winning one

Troy hit 10 threes and had 19 assists...those are winning numbers.

No one has the FIU recap posted yet...but I'm surprised by this loss...they've been playing better ball than to lose to a D-II school