Rv's Legacy

UNT90

Another post got me thinking. What will RV's legacy be here if he retains Dodge through next season with the same disasterous results?? I think if this happens, it has the potential to cost RV his job. Like him or not, he has accomplished so much more here than any AD before him. Just look at the facilities that have been added under his tenure. Look at the attendance figures for a horrible product this year. From what I understand, he brought the tailgating atmophere to game day, also??

I wonder if this legacy could be lost if he goes to the wall for Dodge and it ends up costing him his job. It would really take some major stones to make that commitment to Dodge after this last year.

• Upvote 1

Another post got me thinking. What will RV's legacy be here if he retains Dodge through next season with the same disasterous results?? I think if this happens, it has the potential to cost RV his job. Like him or not, he has accomplished so much more here than any AD before him. Just look at the facilities that have been added under his tenure. Look at the attendance figures for a horrible product this year. From what I understand, he brought the tailgating atmophere to game day, also??

I wonder if this legacy could be lost if he goes to the wall for Dodge and it ends up costing him his job. It would really take some major stones to make that commitment to Dodge after this last year.

Are we talking about his Subaru Legacy? If he owns one, I think he will take that with him. Heck, he's already had a Buick and a Dodge.

As for the stones, yes you are right but they are in the head.

• Upvote 1

Are we talking about his Subaru Legacy? If he owns one, I think he will take that with him. Heck, he's already had a Buick and a Dodge.

As for the stones, yes you are right but they are in the head.

Yes, lets just ignore all the positives that have occurred over the past 7 years and call the AD names because we are having a horrible football season. Thats productive.

Fair enough, but that's like saying congratulations to the unimpaired kid who takes seven years to pass one grade. I am absolutely outraged at the PRESENT situation, and dismayed by our future outlook absent a material change in mindset by those who really control our school. I am not living in the past.

we still are paying off d.d.'s contract, and i am uncertain as to when it terminates. for financial reasons, if nothing else. t.d. will be back next year, but with much higher expetations. after 09, all bets are off. regarding t.d., when he was hired everyone i talked to and every media comment thought it was a great hire. it just goes to show that "everyone" can be wrong. after all , who would have perdicted that g.w.b. would turn out to be the worst president in this nation's history.

TD's buyout can be easily remedied. Just re-assign him to equipment manager ( I believe NT can do this based on his contract) and let him get pissed and quit. This would eliminate us having to buyout his remaining 3 years and start the search for a real college coach.

TD's buyout can be easily remedied. Just re-assign him to equipment manager ( I believe NT can do this based on his contract) and let him get pissed and quit. This would eliminate us having to buyout his remaining 3 years and start the search for a real college coach.

Is that legal? :huh:

Is that legal? :huh:

Actually, I think it is. Someone help me remember, but I think that's basically what they did to Corky Nelson. He'd had a bad run, and in lieu of actually firing him, he was reassigned to some desk job in the AD. He never took the new assignmen and resigned. Anyone remember that?

Actually, was hoping this would be more a discussion of the consequences that RV will face if he chooses to stick with Dodge next year and we get blown out by 40 - 50 points in our 1st 4 games. Not anti RV at all, just wondering what his fate will be if this happens.

Actually, was hoping this would be more a discussion of the consequences that RV will face if he chooses to stick with Dodge next year and we get blown out by 40 - 50 points in our 1st 4 games. Not anti RV at all, just wondering what his fate will be if this happens.

It's not the end of the world if RV sticks with Dodge for year 3. In fact it is very likely that Dodge will get a 3rd season.

If year 3 is anything like year 1 or 2, there won't be a year 4. RV has better judgement than that.

If year 3 is a repeat of year 2 and RV gives Dodge year 4 then RV judgement will be in question.

The AD's primary job is implementing the master plan. There personnel decisions are secondary.

• 6 years later...

Yes, lets just ignore all the positives that have occurred over the past 7 years and call the AD names because we are having a horrible football season. Thats productive.

History can be fun.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I can help you with these answers, UNT90.

Nothing will happen to RV if he keeps Dodge for the next year...or year after...or when he hires the next coach and he gets fired after losing in the biggest loss ever by a FCS squad over a FBS school on our Homecoming. Especially since he has had great facilities built under his watch and opened up Tailgating!! And when he schedules the huge college football powerhouse SMU for a 12 year series in a new stadium, he is gonna just be golden.

His legacy will be #UNTADforlife and for having cultivated something like, oh, I don't know, 17 big money donors that will basically run the place and keep RV around as their best friend.

I just hope that he never has to replace Johnny Jones with some unqualified recruiter to be our head coach and keeps him around for 4 years or more...I bet that never happens, though.

• Upvote 4

Reading and remembering that history is scary. It's hard to realize that this crap has been simmering on the stove for seven years. UNT90 certainly has the right to change his mind over that period of time. I think that I too was posting similar sentiments back then.

I wasn't trying to say anything bad about 90 or that he can't change his mind. I just thought the difference in his opinion over the 7 years was noteworthy. He went from an ardent defender to hatchet man #1, I found it entertaining. Nothing wrong with it. I've probably changed my mind on a ton of stuff on here too. I also find it interesting that we didn't have 17 big donors to pick on in 2008. It seems from this thread (and the inability to buyout TD's contract) we barely had donors at all.

I wasn't trying to say anything bad about 90 or that he can't change his mind. I just thought the difference in his opinion over the 7 years was noteworthy. He went from an ardent defender to hatchet man #1, I found it entertaining. Nothing wrong with it. I've probably changed my mind on a ton of stuff on here too. I also find it interesting that we didn't have 17 big donors to pick on in 2008. It seems from this thread (and the inability to buyout TD's contract) we barely had donors at all.

The tenor of the post just seemed that way. No harm, no foul.

Things do change, and they do so drastically, when the record is broken and plays the same sad song over and over and over again.