Coach's Show

ntsumgspe

I don't know how many times this has to be said: Coach Dodge wasn't a no-show for his radio show. There was no show for him or any assistant to be a part of.

The show didn't happen, because KNTU was obligated to carry our women's basketball game. So, in this instance...Coach TD is not at fault in any way. Got it folks?

I understand that the women's BB game caused interference, but the show should have been moved to Tuesday or recorded for broadcast at a later time or date. No matter how bad we may be, some of us would like to hear what he (or DeLoach/Ford) has to say in regard to the worst season ever in North Texas football. Family emergency issues OK, but nothing else should get in the way of some kind of a weekly show. Shows either a total lack of organization on the part of those involved, or it shows that someone is playing Dodgeball when it comes to facing his critics.

Guess I missed the part of the thread about KNTU not being able to be there. Still doesn't explain why they couldn't have a coaches show, less radio, or why Athletic Dept said there would be one. Locals could have attended, not like it HAS to be on radio.

Not being smart, but I doubt RV wanted to buy dinner for the few athletic dept employees, Dr. B and a couple who sit with her, and about a dozen others. Besides, it is not like you feel you can ask any tough questions. We had a good turnout for the first two shows, then it trailed off. Of course, had a great crowd for the bb social, and the less radio show like you suggest would have been great with a crowd like that. But, why couldn't one have been broadcast on the internet now that I think about it.

high school booster clubs get a coach to speak with no radio. if we were 10-1 a coach show would have happened.

No, without radio, the coach's radio show would not have happened no matter the record. The audience is there to be part of a live radio broadcast, not as part of a booster club. If you are missing the "radio broadcast" part of the radio broadcast you do not have a show.

Why are some people having a difficult time with such basic concepts?

No, without radio, the coach's radio show would not have happened no matter the record. The audience is there to be part of a live radio broadcast, not as part of a booster club. If you are missing the "radio broadcast" part of the radio broadcast you do not have a show.

beecase whe r stuped :P

good excuse, lame but good. it could have been delayed broadcast or linked on mgs.com multimedia. that would be thinking outside the box and about any fans that might happen to be left. what a junior high organization.

it could have been delayed broadcast or linked on mgs.com multimedia. that would be thinking outside the box and about any fans that might happen to be left.

Or at least post a notice on the meangreensports.com that there wasn't going to be a coach's show. After all, this is the age of the internet and websites.

good excuse, lame but good. it could have been delayed broadcast or linked on mgs.com multimedia. that would be thinking outside the box and about any fans that might happen to be left. what a junior high organization.

Are you seriously suggesting a "linked to mgs.com" podcast would be equivalent to a live radio broadcast? The best podcasts have a live listener to download rate of less than 1 to 100.

I understand you hate TD and the North Texas athletic program, but this was not their fault. Give it a rest!

How can our head coach regularly not show up for a scheduled coach's show? I mean, do we have to be high school in every aspect of the program? Ridiculous! I thought that part of his pay package was based on a weekly radio show? Unbelievable!

I see your point. But when he does show up, then people just bitch about what he says. Again, this was not his choice this time, scheduling conflict with the women's basketball. I was there, and I can assure you there was no chance of a show even if he came into the Pourhouse. Its a no win for him on anything right now.