Hey Deloach Fan Club!

Green Dozer

Just want to know if you guys are out there and if Deloach should go out if Dodge is let go, or be promoted immediately. I now agree he would be our best choice given the circumstances, both on and off the field. As a matter of fact, I think the plane ride home was not soon enough to make a change in regards to the head coach. Have yet to see a post or better yet a thread, so maybe this will start it.

Carl Spackler would like to know:

WHAT GIVES?

3671256_std.jpg

Another knee jerk reaction post.

What did TD have when he arrived at NT?.......nothing. I think everyone was talking 3 years to start to rebuild this program. Now the general concensus is get rid of everyone???

What did Coach Deloach have when he arrived at NT?......evidently nothing other than a nucleus of talented freshmen and sophmores.

NT could not RELOAD like so many other schools do. TD is openly recuiting some of the best players in Texas which is something that our last coach could not do.....remember "stealth recruiting?"

My faith in both the HC and DC remain high as ever.....as well as.....the other coaches to get the job done.

NT still has a relative young team....give them time to grow.

In this age of "instant gratification" you can not become a winning program by a click of a mouse.........football today, as it has forever has been, takes years not mega seconds.

Be patient.

What did TD have when he arrived at NT?.......nothing. I think everyone was talking 3 years to start to rebuild this program. Now the general concensus is get rid of everyone???

What did Coach Deloach have when he arrived at NT?......evidently nothing other than a nucleus of talented freshmen and sophmores.

NT could not RELOAD like so many other schools do. TD is openly recuiting some of the best players in Texas which is something that our last coach could not do.....remember "stealth recruiting?"

My faith in both the HC and DC remain high as ever.....as well as.....the other coaches to get the job done.

In this age of "instant gratification" you can not become a winning program by a click of a mouse.........football today, as it has forever has been, takes years not mega seconds.

Be patient.

This post is so full of holes it makes me chuckle. How could this defense be getting it a$$ handed to it by halftime when Dodge has recruited so much talent??? Maybe Coaching?? Either that or Dodge has completely misunderestimated (love me some Bush) the talent level of the recruits. Don't tell me Frosh and Soph don't contribute immediately. There are soooo many examples of these players that do at every level of college football. We need only to Remember Jamario Thomas and his Frosh season for a local example.

When all you see is regression in a team from one year to another and one game to another, at some point you have to question the coaching. When the team can not kick a friggin extra point consistently, that screams coaching. I would love for Dodge to stay here and win 6 games next year. I don't see either happening.

As far as Deloach, you don't reward failure. Interm coach only for last game of this season (if Dodge is reassigned). This board really does need to think a little bigger.

Edited by UNT90

So all of you that think DeLoach should be gone after one year - were you saying that Dodge should have been gone after the first year?

Deloach is tied to Dodge, like it or not. If Dodge goes, a new coach will decide his staff. I don't think Deloach should be considered as the next coach here at this time.

Be patient.

I would be right there with you if I actually felt these young men were improving. Like I have said in earlier posts, it is not wins I am looking for it is progress. Is there some magic reset button the team has from one season to the next? No, it is a constant process over time that involves strength training, learning a system, maturity etc... Being patient, in my mind, means we sit and cheer for a team that is young, improving and showing signs of a bright future. I have no problem with being patient.

So all of you that thought Mendoza should have been gone after one year, why aren't you saying that Deloach should be gone after one year?

Once again, DeLoach has proved that he knows what he is doing and how to do it once he gets his coaches and players in the system. Mendoza had not. In fact, Mendoza is now back at Cedar Hill with a defense doing pretty well back in high school where he has experience.

http://tysports.blogspot.com/2008/11/tina-...s-her-love.html

Be patient.

Kick returns for touchdowns and extra points being blocked in game 11 of the second season does not merit much patience, when it has been a problem all season. It's not all about losing, or even so much about how we are losing, it's about the lack of improvement, and the perception of it never improving under his leadership. It's not about "instant gratification". There's just no visible signs of these young players improving, and I believe they are more talented then what we've seen on the field.

But I've said before, I was one of the people who was glade we hired him, so I'll be ok with giving him his third year, and go to every home game and support this team. If I cook a nasty meal and there isn't anything else in the house, guess what?... I'm eating a nasty meal.

Once again, DeLoach has proved that he knows what he is doing and how to do it once he gets his coaches and players in the system. Mendoza had not. In fact, Mendoza is now back at Cedar Hill with a defense doing pretty well back in high school where he has experience.

http://tysports.blogspot.com/2008/11/tina-...s-her-love.html

I have never seen people care so little that we have THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE COUNTRY! Really, we do! The "proven" coach with "skins on the wall" should be the guy we are demanding to have a fast turn around. If Deloach is the great mesiah that you all seem to think he is, shouldn't we have seen dramatic improvement from the defense coached by the "high school" coach?

I am fine with giving Deloach a pass to let him coach the players in his system and let the young players we have get experience and develop. However, I am going to do the same with Dodge. Not doing so is hypocritical.

But anyway, yall have fun with all of this. For me, it's basketball season.

Edited by e-bone ver2.awesome

I have never seen people care so little that we have THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE COUNTRY! Really, we do! The "proven" coach with "skins on the wall" should be the guy we are demanding to have a fast turn around. If Deloach is the great mesiah that you all seem to think he is, shouldn't we have seen dramatic improvement from the defense coached by the "high school" coach?

I am fine with giving Deloach a pass to let him coach the players in his system and let the young players we have get experience and develop. However, I am going to do the same with Dodge. Not doing so is hypocritical.

But anyway, yall have fun with all of this. For me, it's basketball season.

Well in addition to getting some players in here of his own, he needs to get some coaches that know what the heck is going on at this level - and it remains to be seen if the man in charge is going to allow him to make changes.