Sunbelt Bowl Eligible Teams

oldguystudent

Troy's in.

MTSU plays LaLa next week, the winner will have 6 wins.

Going out on a HUGE limb here, but if ArkSt wins next week, they have 6 wins.

FAU can reach 6 wins with a victory over FIU next week.

When I was looking at last year's records of all D1A teams against the number of bowl games going on this year, every team that was eligible would make a bowl. Might the Sunbelt see some multi team representation this year?

Troy's in.

MTSU plays LaLa next week, the winner will have 6 wins.

Going out on a HUGE limb here, but if ArkSt wins next week, they have 6 wins.

FAU can reach 6 wins with a victory over FIU next week.

When I was looking at last year's records of all D1A teams against the number of bowl games going on this year, every team that was eligible would make a bowl. Might the Sunbelt see some multi team representation this year?

Reading this post makes me think of Jim Mora's rant "Playoffs?!, Playoffs?!, Don't talk to me about playoffs! Playoffs?!"

I'm too frustrated and disgusted to think of bowl games right now. Especially for other teams in our conference. :(

A mediocre 6-6 season in a below mediocre conference could have put us into those talks. I think we can all agree the rebuilding is behind schedule. How far behind is each person's personal opinion.

Edited by Side Show Joe

If you were in charge of a bowl would you invite any of those teams?

I thought not.

We hvae bowl tie ins that guarantee us a slot unless there is a 7-5 team available. It looks like the MAC will have a couple of extra 7-5 teams available, but if they didn't, the bowls we have a tie in with would not have a choice when "choosing" another 6-6 team over a Sunbelt team.