Indian State (11/23/08)

CMJ

Big road trip. MVC opponent. They improved after we played them last year and apparently are even better this year. A tough game, let's see if we can steal another one away from the SuperPit.

EDIT - left off the A...could the mods fix?

Edited by CMJ

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For new BB fans:

Indiana State is a member of the Missouri Valley Conference. The MVC is arguably the strongest basketball conference behind the six BCS conferences. The Atlantic 10 and the Mountain West would probably disagree.

Larry Byrd's alma mater, Indiana State, finished 8-10 in the MVC last season, 15-16 overall and 12-2 at home. North Texas defeated Indiana State last season by 78-69 in Denton.

The MVC Coaches' Poll picked Indiana State to finish 7th out of ten teams in the MVC. Lindy's magazine picks ISU to finish 6th.

I think the most important stat is that they were 12-2 at home.... we will be in another battle with Indiana State, much like with SHSU.... I say bring it on... this young Mean Green team needs to learn how to win on the road against teams that seldom lose at home.... the SHSU win probably did wonders for our team's confidence and win at Ind. State will probably do the same.

I think ISU might very well be a tougher game. Not only because they are in the MVC, but the traveling involved. Always gotta think about that when you take those long road trips. There's a reason why we struggle so much against FAU and FIU(when usually they aren't THAT good) in their gyms every season.

winning on the road is tough,but if last night's game is any indication this team may have a good away record. Last night, especially at the end, this team could have let this one get away. Again they seemed to have that composure that confidnet teams have. I was sitting on the first row and never saw this team frustrated even after sam made their runs. Coach never seemed to me to panic and call a time out after their runs. Maybe this team takes the cue from him. I was 10 feet away from white when he got fouled for the last ft's. His face showed that he really wanted to go to the line and ice the game. I was at the game and was srprised to see he led in scoring. What a stealth player. But he still does not handle the press well at all.

There will be video coverage of this game. You have to purchase a monthly subscription for $11.95, which you can cancel after the game. You can find a link here. I am not sure if I will... School streamed video are notoriously poor quality and $11.95 seems a little high. Gosycamores.com will also provide Live Stats (usually free) for this game, which I really like. You can find it here, look under "Media" for the link.

I am also confused about the start time. Our original schedule say 2:00pm. Meengreensports says 12:30pm. Gosycamores.com says 1:00 (2:00pm ET).

I'm pretty excited about this game after the fantastic road win against SHSU. I hope we can notch another road win against an opponent that plays very strong at home.