The Todd Dodge Experiment

UNT_playmaker

Really!!!!

Dodge is going to be here for a third year. How much more can our football program withstand with him at the helm.

Do you really mean to tell me Dodge will turn it around next season. With the same special teams coach and playbook?

We cant afford another dismal performance season for the sake of recruting, fan base, donors, and attendance.

Please RV reconsider, bring in a experienced college coach, Like Major Applewhite

The Todd Dodge Experiment was a failure and will be used for years to come by other AD in hiring HS coaches to Div 1 programs.

Really!!!!

Dodge is going to be here for a third year. How much more can our football program withstand with him at the helm.

Do you really mean to tell me Dodge will turn it around next season. With the same special teams coach and playbook?

We cant afford another dismal performance season for the sake of recruting, fan base, donors, and attendance.

Please RV reconsider, bring in a experienced college coach, Like Major Applewhite

The Todd Dodge Experiment was a failure and will be used for years to come by other AD in hiring HS coaches to Div 1 programs.

Playmakerz in your internets, writin up ur redundansees.

Playmakerz in your internets, writin up ur redundansees.

Don't be a jackass. It's about time someone started this discussion. I'm amazed it hasn't happened already.

Any stadium thoughts? I'm leaning towards "pro" instead of "con", but I want to hear some opinions before I really make up my mind.

Don't be a jackass. It's about time someone started this discussion. I'm amazed it hasn't happened already.

Any stadium thoughts? I'm leaning towards "pro" instead of "con", but I want to hear some opinions before I really make up my mind.

Think the rumors of Riley shunning UT to come play for his daddy might actually be true?

Really!!!!

Playmaker,

So another UT quarterback could do better? I am sorry, but I disagree. I think we need to go with experience and that means they have been a head coach at the college level. Moore, Nelson, Parker, Dickey, Dodge all have been first time head coaches. NONE of them, unless Dodge turns out be successful, has built anything here to warrant moving to another job. Oh, Jerry Moore went to Tech but that was because of his Nebraska ties, and they thought he could use that offense there. No, we need experience. The training ground theory has been a failure. I think Applewhite would have won a National Title at UT if not for Brown being to honest for his own good, keeping his word with Phil Simms concerning Chris. I think Applewhite will be a great coach some day, just not here. Besides, this would be a step down for him anyway.

How many years has JJ been here? Isnt this year6 or so? Look how many years it took for the team and system to start geling. You have to give Dodge time. It is wrong to just abandon him this soon. I know we are in a now, me, what have you done for me lately society, but some on this board have to get a grip. How would you feel if you were fired after your second week while you were still learning the ropes? Like most of you, I want to see improvement next year, but we all need to tap the freakin brakes.

I've been pretty critical of Coach Dodge. I don't think he will turn this thing around honestly. But I come from the school that basically every coach deserves four years, unless he's involved with some sort of scandal. So, I'll just hope for the best next season.

How many years has JJ been here? Isnt this year6 or so? Look how many years it took for the team and system to start geling. You have to give Dodge time. It is wrong to just abandon him this soon. I know we are in a now, me, what have you done for me lately society, but some on this board have to get a grip. How would you feel if you were fired after your second week while you were still learning the ropes? Like most of you, I want to see improvement next year, but we all need to tap the freakin brakes.

Was Jones losing 90% of his games by 40+ points routinly and his teams not even in the games the first two years? I can't remember.

Was Jones losing 90% of his games by 40+ points routinly and his teams not even in the games the first two years? I can't remember.

Jones' coaching record at UNT:

Year All Conf

2001-2002 15-14 8-7

2002-2003 7-21 2-13

2003-2004 13-15 8-7

2004-2005 14-14 6-9

2005-2006 14-14 6-9

2006-2007 23-11 10-8

2007-2008 20-11 10-8

So worst record was second year in at .250 or roughly double the success of football.

Will flames from hell burn the current I-Wannabe-SLC-UNT uniforms? :lol:

Yeah, though the unis look alright, its kind of sad that they were modeled after a high school team. We could have at least tried to emulate a college program. Like Iowa State wants to look like USC or Indiana wants to look like Oklahoma, or maybe even after a pro team like Iowa did with the Steelers....

Yeah, though the unis look alright, its kind of sad that they were modeled after a high school team. We could have at least tried to emulate a college program. Like Iowa State wants to look like USC or Indiana wants to look like Oklahoma, or maybe even after a pro team like Iowa did with the Steelers....

They would appear that way but they were actually modeled after other Under Armour uniforms.

auburntigers.jpg

t1_henderson.jpg

Football_Action07_Navy.jpg

Similar white helmets with stripes, etc...

...ahhh, they're pretty much SLC uniforms minus the helmet stickers (which as I've already stated is the key ingredient to a winning football program- SLC didn't get there with play calling).

Until we make a financial commitment to more posters and stop trying to stop the leaky dam with our own Adobe-created abortions, we are only going to keep taking on more water.

FIX THE PROBLEM!

HOW CAN WE "FIX THE PROBLEM!" IF THEY'VE "PASSED US BY!!"???

OF COURSE THEY'LL ALL 'PASS US BY' UNTIL WE 'RAISE THE BAR'!!!!

Also, I think that everyone needs to just relax and give Coach Parker enough time to really show us what he can do. I'm positive that if we're all just patient, we should hit 5 or 6 wins by 2020.