Unt Men Land One

Brett Vito

I read that him and the pg from his team are best friends, and they wanted to play together in college. That was why they both committed to Centenary.

I wonder if we are going after the pg as well.

When I googled him it said he ran on the 4x400 relay team for his school. Looks like a pretty good athlete.

I still hate the fact that USA comes in and gets a top 20 state recruit. I cant remember the last kid we got that was a top 20 state recruit straight out of hs.

I cant remember the last kid we got that was a top 20 state recruit straight out of hs.

Tristan Thompson was ranked #18 by Texas Hoops when he graduated from Angleton, Texas in 2006. He spent one more year at a prep school and then signed straight out of high school with North Texas in 2007.

Jacob Holmen is ranked # 48 by Texas Hoops.

Texas Preps, the official magazine of the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches, says Holmen "... is one of the best kept secrets in the state." Texas Preps does not give numerical rankings but lists ten all-state teams of five players each. Holmen is on the second team with G.J. Vilarino (Kentucky), Cory Jefferson (Baylor), Dre Harrison (Unsigned) and high school Junior T.J. Taylor of Denison who already has offers on the table from Oklahoma, Iowa State, Marquette, and others.

Texas Preps named Holmen as one of the Magnificent Seven. Apparently they think he is one of the top seven players in the state.

I read that him and the pg from his team are best friends, and they wanted to play together in college. That was why they both committed to Centenary.

I wonder if we are going after the pg as well.

When I googled him it said he ran on the 4x400 relay team for his school. Looks like a pretty good athlete.

I still hate the fact that USA comes in and gets a top 20 state recruit. I cant remember the last kid we got that was a top 20 state recruit straight out of hs.

Too bad the PG did follow through with his commitment to Centenary, from watching the U-tube video he definitely has some passing skills.