Drc Monday Sun Belt Notebook

Brett Vito

Brett....is Miller willing to come back next year? Because, if so....I can't see why we would play him this week and take away his chances for a medical redshirt...especially since we need DTs so badly.

And I know that not every time that you apply for a medical redshirt...do you get it.

But, to me, with us in the midst of a 1 win to possibly 3 win season.....there is no point in playing Joseph these last two games....if he is willing to come back next year.

Brett....is Miller willing to come back next year? Because, if so....I can't see why we would play him this week and take away his chances for a medical redshirt...especially since we need DTs so badly.

And I know that not every time that you apply for a medical redshirt...do you get it.

But, to me, with us in the midst of a 1 win to possibly 3 win season.....there is no point in playing Joseph these last two games....if he is willing to come back next year.

It is my understanding that you may only play in three games and still qualify for a redshirt. Remember Zach Muzzy who was denied a redshirt because he was injured on the opening kickoff of the 4th game ?

Brett is very good about responding to inquiries posted on his blog.

Do you have inside info on another of your buddies leaving amongst a shroud of mystery?

:ninja::shuriken::ph34r:

No a hole, I don't but even if I did, you think I would inform this board?

You guys don't even know your own roster. You have two QB's who are graduating.

I wouldn't bet against one more Qb leaving though, I'm not saying its Gio but if Riley is getting Tune's reps, then the writing is on the wall.

I just hope Gio does what he wants to do and does not base his decision on the Dodge boys. Knowing Gio, he probably stuck around just to go head to head with Riley.

Gio doesn't back down from no one. Riley knows he can't even begin to touch Gio's work ethic or toughness.

Pure speculation, but I would bet $100 that either Tune or Vizza or both leave. That is if they have competitive juices and want to play ball and don't want to go through the drama of Riley and his dad. I have heard stories about the SLC program in the past. So you know the players have as well.

Edited by bigntex

You guys don't even know your own roster. You have two QB's who are congratuating.

Is that contagious?

Knowing Gio, he probably stuck around just to go head to head with Riley.

Gio doesn't back down from no one. Riley knows he can't even begin to touch Gio's work ethic or toughness.

Pure speculation, but I would bet $100 that either Tune or Vizza or both leave. That is if they have competitive juices and want to play ball and don't want to go through the drama of Riley and his dad. I have heard stories about the SLC program in the past. So you know the players have as well.

Seems to me you are contradicting yourself.

Is that contagious?

Seems to me you are contradicting yourself.

My bad, I should have said two Qb's are graduating.

In regards to my bud, I meant this past season ( in the fall, Gio was very determined to not give Riley a breath of air, he was determined to step on his throat and not give him any hope for beating him out)

My big wish is that Dib and Gio find a way to finish their careers on the same team. You guys have no idea what kind of time those guys put in on the football field. Probably not going to happen but who knows.

Edited by bigntex

My bad, I should have said two Qb's are graduating.

In regards to my bud, I meant this past season ( in the fall, Gio was very determined to not give Riley a breath of air, he was determined to step on his throat and not give him any hope for beating him out)

My big wish is that Dib and Gio find a way to finish their careers on the same team. You guys have no idea what kind of time those guys put in on the football field. Probably not going to happen but who knows.

Then maybe Dib should have stayed instead of quitting on his team midway through the season.

No a hole, I don't but even if I did, you think I would inform this board?

You guys don't even know your own roster. You have two QB's who are graduating.

I wouldn't bet against one more Qb leaving though, I'm not saying its Gio but if Riley is getting Tune's reps, then the writing is on the wall.

I just hope Gio does what he wants to do and does not base his decision on the Dodge boys. Knowing Gio, he probably stuck around just to go head to head with Riley.

Man, your right, Riley just didn't work out at Southlake. I mean state titles, 5A player of the year. It was all just because of his dad. This stuff has nothing to do with this program, you make the Dodge's sound like the Ewings. All successful organizations in every industry, sport, whatever have "stories". Losers are not talked about.

As for Dibrell, he made his choice, plain and simple. Gio and Tune are free to make theirs as well.

Unless the rules have changed, I don't think Joe is eligible for a medical redshirt.

I believe that the maximum amount of games a player can participate in and still receive a medical redshirt is three. Joe played in the KSU, Tulsa, LSU, and Rice games.

Zach Muzzy was injured on the opening kickoff of his fourth game in 2003 and the NCAA denied his medical redshirt request.

It is my understanding that you may only play in three games and still qualify for a redshirt. Remember Zach Muzzy who was denied a redshirt because he was injured on the opening kickoff of the 4th game ?

Don't you owe me some kind of royalties fee, or at least a beer?

QUOTE(ADLER @ Oct 30 2008, 02:49 PM)

Unless the rules have changed, I don't think Joe is eligible for a medical redshirt.

I believe that the maximum amount of games a player can participate in and still receive a medical redshirt is three. Joe played in the KSU, Tulsa, LSU, and Rice games.

Zach Muzzy was injured on the opening kickoff of his fourth game in 2003 and the NCAA denied his medical redshirt request.

QUOTE(buff64 @ Nov 18 2008, 10:06 AM)

Don't you owe me some kind of royalties fee, or at least a beer?

The rule is if you have played in a 3rd or less of the games this year, then you may apply for the medical redshirt. Zach had only played in 4 games of an 12 game season, and actually was injured on the opening play of the 4th game and they felt that should have qualified him and for unknown reasons it didn't. Joseph, like Riley, has only played in 4 games of a 12 game season and would qaulify also under the rules to apply, but is no guarantee. It doesn't hurt to apply and I cannot fathom why we wouldn't. Joseph has been a fantastic represenative for this university and deserves everything we can do for him.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick