Question About Under Armour

LAZER

I know everybody is angry because UA does not have UNT gear on their website and because they do not make a unt Jersey for fans to buy. I suspect that the reason UA is not promoting UNT is because they do not really sponser UNT. They sponsor Todd Dodge and they had to sponser the UNT football team when Todd Dodge came to UNT. I have a feeling that UA wants nothing to do with UNT because they are trying to sponsor only the "good" Football teams. Does anybody else think I am correct about this?

I am willing to bet as soon as Dodge leaves UNT or Dodge's contract with UA is up, UNT will have a new uniform by a different company.......

If I am right about all this I do not understand why they wouldn't just promote UNT. The university has 35,000 students for god sakes and it located in the DFW......

I know everybody is angry because UA does not have UNT gear on their website and because they do not make a unt Jersey for fans to buy. I suspect that the reason UA is not promoting UNT is because they do not really sponser UNT. They sponsor Todd Dodge and they had to sponser the UNT football team when Todd Dodge came to UNT. I have a feeling that UA wants nothing to do with UNT because they are trying to sponsor only the "good" Football teams. Does anybody else think I am correct about this?

I am willing to bet as soon as Dodge leaves UNT or Dodge's contract with UA is up, UNT will have a new uniform by a different company.......

If I am right about all this I do not understand why they wouldn't just promote UNT. The university has 35,000 students for god sakes and it located in the DFW......

At the very least, they sponsor the radio simulcast of the UNT football games. They mention Under Amour amongst the other sponsors at the end of the games. I, like others, remember RV promising a true replica jersey to be available for purchase. This was promised at the barbeque when they unveiled the current jerseys. I talked with one of the managers at Advanced-Online last year about this, since their new jerseys weren't very close to the real thing. He said that they didn't have enough time to put together the replica for the season last year, but that they'd have them for this year. So much for that. I never followed up.

Once again, from UA reps mouths, they don't make the "Kelly" green in anything but our uniforms and at this point in time, have NO plans to make anything else in it. We buy the uniforms from UA whereas in the past, whoever sponsored us gave us the uniforms (someone correct me if this is wrong). That being said, UA will be producing the replica of the shirt that Dodge wears during games - the white one with the "Kelly" green shoulders at the end of the season, but will only release a limited amount.

Sports Authority carries athletic shorts in "kelly" green.

By UA? According to the reps that answer their phone, at least 2 months ago when I called, they said the only thing they made in the "Kelly" green was the uniforms the team wore. Thus the reason that the team HAS to walk to the stadium in all black.

So what exactly does UNT get out of this "deal" if anything, and how does UA benefit? I don't see a perk for either side if fans and kids can't buy the stuff and UA can't sell it to us. What are the benefits to either side of this besides having the media photo the worst college team in UA uniforms or cool undershirts and warmups for players and coaches?

I think people are missing the point........ I dont think they want us to have they uniforms at all and thats why they are not making more UA gear. THe only reason they outfitting the team is because they had a contract with Dodge at SLC and when he came here the contract came with him.

"I highly doubt they are just making our jerseys becuase of Todd Dodge. I guess with no loss to talk about our minds wander" If they were not doing this UNT would be on the list of shools they sponsor on the website.

Why does UA make UNT t-shirts, shorts and hoodies then? If they don't want to be associated with us. The only thing they don't make is UNT football jerseys for sale to the general public.

Lazer: do you know that UA "had" to "come with" Dodge to UNT? UA stayed at SLC the last time I saw highlights on the news at least.

If we're not listed on their site I could see that as being ashamed of us perhaps...but UA still benefits from outfitting our team.

Edited by mdh0192

Dodge is not even a pimple on UA's ass. He's got no clout with UA.

Dodge gets a kickback incentive for UNT buying the UA product. It can't amount to much in the way of revenue.

Wrong. Dodge went to the ESPY's this year, courtesy of UA, not UNT. Guess who he went with? Mike Leach. Coaches with "kickback" don;t get to do that. We don't get that much stuff from them. They put him under contract because they viewed him as hot coaching commodity with a bright future, so they signed him early. Just like Nike picks up athletes sometimes before they are on the radar. He may well get the kickback, but UA is here because of him, plain and simple.

I doubt that UA makes their own jersey's, but rather contracts them out just like all the other jersey manufacturers do. The last "Authentic" order I did(correct me if I'm wrong on this) was a "New Balance"?, and the same company produced under several of the known labels at the time, including Nike.

There is absolutely zero reason the company that makes our jersey's couldn't put together an authentic jersey if they wanted to. But I doubt anyone could afford to buy the minimum order. The only way we were able to do what we did in the past was because of our contact.

Rick

Once again, from UA reps mouths, they don't make the "Kelly" green in anything but our uniforms and at this point in time, have NO plans to make anything else in it. We buy the uniforms from UA whereas in the past, whoever sponsored us gave us the uniforms (someone correct me if this is wrong). That being said, UA will be producing the replica of the shirt that Dodge wears during games - the white one with the "Kelly" green shoulders at the end of the season, but will only release a limited amount.

Your right 99, I have heard the same thing. But the only ones who get the limited amounts are the people, and I am sure their friends, in the athletic department. You should see what some of them wear to the coaches show. Nice stuff that we as fans cannot get our hands on.

Those of you saying Under Armour is ashamed of UNT having their logo on Football gear because UNT is the worst football team in the country need to apply your principle to Utah, South Florida, and others who are clearly not the worst team in the country. You can't get Utah, USF, etc. gear on their website. Instead all you can get is Maryland, South Carolina, Auburn, and Texas Tech.