A Little Help Please

adman

A while back there was a thread on this board that listed a ton of accomplishments/firsts/excellence UNT has achieved. Does anyone know where I can find that thread?

And to keep this football related what are the chances we run a wildcat formation next season with Gio and Riley?

from wikipedia, North Texas Firsts:

* First aging studies program in the U.S., now the Department of Applied Gerontology, Center for Studies in Aging.

* First jazz studies program in the U.S.

* First emergency administration and disaster prevention program in the U.S.

* First environmental ethics program in the country to offer the Ph.D., which is considered the best in the nation

* First Peace Studies program in the Southwest.

* First oil and petroleum accounting program in the U.S.

* First patent for silicon-based ultra-sensitive chemical sensor for use in integrated circuit fabrication.

* First business computer information systems program in the U.S.

* First PhD program in art education in the U.S.

* First bachelor's degree in electronic merchandising in the U.S.

* First online school library preparation program in the U.S.

* First accredited counseling program in the U.S., which still ranks among the nation's best.

* First school in the country to offer a degree in Mechanical and Energy Engineering.

* First college in the South to integrate; Class of 1956 was first integrated graduating class.

* (My favorite) First football team in modern history to go to a bowl game after posting a losing overall record. The Mean Green finished 5-6 overall in 2001 but won the Sun Belt with a 5-1 conference record, thus earning an automatic bid to the New Orleans Bowl.

* (My favorite) First football team in modern history to go to a bowl game after posting a losing overall record. The Mean Green finished 5-6 overall in 2001 but won the Sun Belt with a 5-1 conference record, thus earning an automatic bid to the New Orleans Bowl.

I thought that this exception originally was enacted for UT in the 70's... Didn't UT use that exception first? The one that says that if a team wins its conference championship, they can get a waiver from that NCAA to go to a bowl...

A while back there was a thread on this board that listed a ton of accomplishments/firsts/excellence UNT has achieved. Does anyone know where I can find that thread?

And to keep this football related what are the chances we run a wildcat formation next season with Gio and Riley?

I know my brotha Gio has one NCAA record with Fitzgerald that can never be broken and Gio also holds two other NCAA records, one is the most passes EVER by a freshman in a game and the other is the most ever thrown (tied) TD passes in a half, regardless of classification.

Edited by bigntex