Tcu Vs Utah

FirefightnRick

I need something clarified. We here at gmg.com pretty much universally hate SMU. I get that part, and can see why.

Why, then, does TCU seem to get a free pass? Isn't it another private school for the German car driving set? Are my perceptions wrong? I have nothing inherently against TCU at all. I'm just perplexed as to why one area private school is comprised of a student "douche" body and the other one is a team we root for.

TCU is the sibling you can tolerate. Smut is the spoiled brat.

TCU is the sibling you can tolerate. Smut is the spoiled brat.

Also they don't claim to better than they are, they are consistanlty good, and prove it on the field, and I respect what they do. Although, they won't ever schedule us again. "They are too good to bother." I guess that didn't answer your question, but I can't seem to hate them, smut is easy, older alumni can tell you conspiracy theory stories.

A few years ago, what was then called CSTV offered an incredible contract to MWC. They were going to get a huge, potential income stream and the start up CSTV was going to get nearly exclusive coverage of MWC games around which to build their fledgeling network. Things have not quite worked out as well as both parties hoped, but what is now CBSCS (CBS College Sports) is growing steadily in both cable coverage and ratings. The first year CSTV had the rights to MWC games, CSTV was still not available in Salt Lake City or San Diego. Battles between cable companies and cable networks over right payments are now a staple of the business. It's like getting NFL TV in a Time Warner area.

A few years ago, what was then called CSTV offered an incredible contract to MWC. They were going to get a huge, potential income stream and the start up CSTV was going to get nearly exclusive coverage of MWC games around which to build their fledgeling network. Things have not quite worked out as well as both parties hoped, but what is now CBSCS (CBS College Sports) is growing steadily in both cable coverage and ratings. The first year CSTV had the rights to MWC games, CSTV was still not available in Salt Lake City or San Diego. Battles between cable companies and cable networks over right payments are now a staple of the business. It's like getting NFL TV in a Time Warner area.

Little if any coverage in the DFW area so I don't see how this lack of exposure for TCU helps them much when trying to gain a better BCS poll position or show off to recruits. Maybe TCU received some revenue from the initial contract but it doesn't seem the cable companies here are being sold on SBCCS yet.

Edited by NT80

I need something clarified. We here at gmg.com pretty much universally hate SMU. I get that part, and can see why.

Why, then, does TCU seem to get a free pass? Isn't it another private school for the German car driving set? Are my perceptions wrong? I have nothing inherently against TCU at all. I'm just perplexed as to why one area private school is comprised of a student "douche" body and the other one is a team we root for.

Go take a drive to Ft. Worth and check out a TCU game...asked and answered