Tcu Vs Utah

FirefightnRick

Both are ranked fairly high and are playing tonight in Utah and no tv here in central north texas?

ESPN is showing Va Tech and Maryland, ESPN2 has MLS soccer, FSN is showing Roosevelt vs Smithson Valley high schools, tx21 is showing Highland Park vs Rockwall Heath High Schools but nothing for a local ranked college team? How can that be? Anyone have it on locally other than on some dish channel?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Both are ranked fairly high and are playing tonight in Utah and no tv here in central north texas?

ESPN is showing Va Tech and Maryland, ESPN2 has MLS soccer, FSN is showing Roosevelt vs Smithson Valley high schools, tx21 is showing Highland Park vs Rockwall Heath High Schools but nothing for a local ranked college team? How can that be? Anyone have it on locally other than on some dish channel?

Rick

It's was listed in the DMN as being on CBSCS. Not sure if that's available in the Metroplex, it's not on Verizon Fios. Wonder why ESPN passed on this game? Seems neither TCU nor the MWC is getting much exposure locally nor nationally.

Very strange that there is no regular tv locally for this game on a Thursday night. The MWC has not really been all that great for TCU as far as local coverage is concerned. Based in their success the last few years, if they were still in USA or even the WAC, I bet they would be getting more coverage. Don't get it.

It's was listed in the DMN as being on CBSCS. Not sure if that's available in the Metroplex, it's not on Verizon Fios. Wonder why ESPN passed on this game? Seems neither TCU nor the MWC is getting much exposure locally nor nationally.

CBSCS = CSTV

It's a digital sports station that recently became available to Time Warner Cable digital subscribers, as part of their sports package. About 6/month.

I'm loving it. Although, it was free in El Paso :(

Very strange that there is no regular tv locally for this game on a Thursday night. The MWC has not really been all that great for TCU as far as local coverage is concerned. Based in their success the last few years, if they were still in USA or even the WAC, I bet they would be getting more coverage. Don't get it.

You can watch the MAC here two or three times a week, but very little MWC coverage at all.

I need something clarified. We here at gmg.com pretty much universally hate SMU. I get that part, and can see why.

Why, then, does TCU seem to get a free pass? Isn't it another private school for the German car driving set? Are my perceptions wrong? I have nothing inherently against TCU at all. I'm just perplexed as to why one area private school is comprised of a student "douche" body and the other one is a team we root for.

I need something clarified. We here at gmg.com pretty much universally hate SMU. I get that part, and can see why.

Why, then, does TCU seem to get a free pass? Isn't it another private school for the German car driving set? Are my perceptions wrong? I have nothing inherently against TCU at all. I'm just perplexed as to why one area private school is comprised of a student "douche" body and the other one is a team we root for.

Those are good questions. I hope you have a lot of time. You could have ended that post with "fire away!".

Damn, what a game? Horrible decision on who ever part it was not to televise it locally.

On another note, HP and RH are in overtime on TXA21, RH up 38 31. The RB for RH has over 2,000 yards and maybe over 200 for this game.

Rick

Not sure if I was clear enough: it was available on CSTV, which is a national televised digital college sports station.

Free in most areas, but for some reason was not available until recently in DFW. Time Warner includes it as part of their sports tier.

If by "locally" you mean TXA, I don't know why you would hold it against them if CSTV has had it in their books all year.

I guess one answer would be that TCU is mainly a Texas school, and smu is largely comprised of natives of the Park Cities and people from the North and the East. Also, TCU people are just better all around human beings. Trust me on that. LOL!

By the way, other than the fact that two nationally ranked teams who are bidding to bust the BCS was not on TV tonight, did I mention I'm not a Rockwall Heath Hawk fan, and even though they were featuring one of the states top running backs, football on TV is football on TV.

Rick

Not sure if I was clear enough: it was available on CSTV, which is a national televised digital college sports station.

Free in most areas, but for some reason was not available until recently in DFW. Time Warner includes it as part of their sports tier.

If by "locally" you mean TXA, I don't know why you would hold it against them if CSTV has had it in their books all year.

I'm not holding anything against anyone, it just doesn't seem right to me? I have Charter of Fort Worth and it wasn't on anything that I could I find nor did I see CSTV on the listings, but I may have missed it but I surely don't have a subscription for it if it's even on the listings. I mean, the DFW region got to see NT vs WKY last saturday on a delayed local channel. Tonight there was a college game on the east coast and two local HS games in which you didn't have to search for or order for, but for the second time this season, TCU was involved in a huge game and there was nothing unless you had a subscription that I know of?

I'm seriously considering getting rid of Charter, they don't even offer ESPN360 on their internet service in this region.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick