18-wheeler Shows Nt Spirit Vehicle Decked Out For Tailgating In Style

LAZER

18-wheeler shows NT spirit

Vehicle decked out for tailgating in style

The article talks about the 18 wheeler that has been tailgateing at the UNT FB games. The owner said the university could use it whenever they wanted to. Does anybody know if he donated the truck to UNT or sold it to UNT? If the university can use it anytime they like I think they should really take advantage of that and take it to alot of events in the DFW area.

NT Daily

I had a chance to meet with the couple the first night they unveiled it. After Friday Night @ Clark Park I stopped by the trailer and they invited me in to take a look as they were finishing up decorating.

I can only say very good things. They were a fantastic family and I really look forward to seeing them again at the next game.

Very nice indeed. Thanks to the entire family. GO MEAN GREEN! It looks GREAT and should prove a great beneit to UNT...this is special. Great to see folks helping UNT move upward and onward! THANKS!!!!

I really need to stop by and take a look at that thing. Are they accommodating to strangers wandering by, or do they too require a mysterious and mythical wristband to come within 50 feet? What do they do for their tailgating activities?

They're constantly letting folks go inside and look around. No wristband required, nor being on a guest list.

At Homecoming, they set a grill up in the parking space directly behind the truck, and cooked hot dogs and hamburgers. They even offered to let me use their grill, since they have a nice full sized one, and I've got one of those mini grills that only sits about 6 inches off the ground.

"What I'd like to do is change the graphics once a year just to integrate all the kids, make it part of their college experience," he said. "And offer a $1,000 scholarship for the one that comes up with the graphics that gets chosen. And each summer we'll change that out."

I alway wondered why the Exes or the AD didn't try to involve the students more, even if it was just a t-shirt design for some home games.

This is a great idea to build a sense of excitement and ownership from the students.

I alway wondered why the Exes or the AD didn't try to involve the students more, even if it was just a t-shirt design for some home games.

This is a great idea to build a sense of excitement and ownership from the students.

True - I hear constant amateur t-shirt designing is one of the reasons the Sorority system is so successful. I'd also like to see halftime replaced with a series of skits from student organizations - just like Rice but worse.

True - I hear constant amateur t-shirt designing is one of the reasons the Sorority system is so successful. I'd also like to see halftime replaced with a series of skits from student organizations - just like Rice but worse.

You just can't resist, can you?

I saw the truck at the Rice game and thought it was a new addition to UNT's traveling fleet. Very nice looking.

Since we rarely send the Green Brigade to out of town conference games, I'd like to see the Mean Green 18 Wheeler on road games as a center piece for those Mean Green fans that do travel with the team.

Imagine the Mean Green getting off the team bus at the out of town venue and seeing that big beautiful truck. And how the home team would feel seeing what the visitors brought with them.

GO MEAN GREEN

I do think that the Mean Green Nation should make it a point to tailgate around the coolest rig in the nation(away games)! Park that bad boy in the Rice Lot, Troy Lot, Lamo Lot or 2 miles from Death Valley and make that the Mean Green party location! We can even put up a tip bucket to help this family pay for the gas to get that show on the road!

GMG