Merchandise Sighting

Mad Hatter

Any of you who live in the Fort Worth area - My wife went to Hulen Mall today and she said that Champs had one of their display windows dedicated to College Teams. This is nothing new, but she said in addition to TCU (vomit) and Texas Tech (vomit also) and some others, there was a mannequin with a North Texas shirt and cap, as well as some rolled up shirts displayed next to it. She almost went in and bought something, but was worried I'd get upset with her for buying clothes........No, honey, it's not the UNT gear that I'll get upset over.

Now I've got to plan a trip up to Hulen Mall to buy something and let them know I appreciate it.

She said if you walk in the mall entrance between Macy's and Dillard's (entrance facing I-20) you'll be walking in on the side of Champs.

As an update - My wife went back to the maal today and went into Champs. She ended up getting 2 sweatshirts (buy one - get one) and a t-shirt. They are the new color green with teh correct SoW logo. She amde it a point to speak with the manager to say thank you. She said that he seemed genuinly surprised that more places didn't carry our merchandise, and what a no brainer it seemed given the proximity. The manager went on to say that he's expecting at some point to receive new polo's from UnderArmour.

If you get a chance, check it out.

GMG!!!

i don't think there's one in the golden triangle mall, but i did see some reversible hoodies at the champs at vista ridge about a month ago. here too, there were a bunch of UT, notre dame, ohio state and such hoodies and then in the same display there was also the matching NT hoodie. it was a good looking shirt but i so rarely need to wear a hoodie that i didn't make the purchase. it seemed like they were the "champ sports" brand.

I just got back from Steve and Barry's in Arlington Parks Mall - not one single North Texas item in the store. The had everything fro Norfolk State to Texas Central College to Texas State to Tarrant County College (you get my point) - NOT ONE SINGLE NORTH TEXAS ITEM. Not a sweatshirt, not a t-shirt, not a hat, NOTHING. I asked the lady why and she just kinda looked at me like she had no idea and then rambled something about how there had been a run on collegiate shirts. So I asked her why there were 6 racks of UTA shirts and she said, well - those are selling well, we have had those since we opened the store. Umm, so they have sold everything that has North Texas on it - period... and they haven't ordered more??? No wonder they are on the verge of bankruptcy. And no, this store is not part of the ones that are shutting down. They had a HUGE sign stating that they were not affected by the downsizing and that they were there to STAY.... just no more freaking North texas Gear, but if you want an NCTC shirt - that is the place to go!

I just got back from Steve and Barry's in Arlington Parks Mall - not one single North Texas item in the store. The had everything fro Norfolk State to Texas Central College to Texas State to Tarrant County College (you get my point) - NOT ONE SINGLE NORTH TEXAS ITEM. Not a sweatshirt, not a t-shirt, not a hat, NOTHING. I asked the lady why and she just kinda looked at me like she had no idea and then rambled something about how there had been a run on collegiate shirts. So I asked her why there were 6 racks of UTA shirts and she said, well - those are selling well, we have had those since we opened the store. Umm, so they have sold everything that has North Texas on it - period... and they haven't ordered more??? No wonder they are on the verge of bankruptcy. And no, this store is not part of the ones that are shutting down. They had a HUGE sign stating that they were not affected by the downsizing and that they were there to STAY.... just no more freaking North texas Gear, but if you want an NCTC shirt - that is the place to go!

The bigger story is you went to the Parks Mall and escaped with your life (and hopefully all your property that you left in your vehicle while you were inside). That place is THE hang out for every south Dallas gangster that has a ride. I've also checked that new Academy by The Parks and found no merchandise.

Dude, seriously, shop at the Highlands. Much safer.

Edited by UNT90