Random Thoughts

oldguystudent

UNT should have green helmet stickers. This week, Tobe's helmet would look like the days of old, and he'd have stickers on his shoulder pads.

I was both bummed and impressed that UNT didn't engage in an end of the game grenade celebration.

WKU's helmets frighten me. Are they meant to stimulate dancing? Couple's skate? Bell bottom fashions?

One word for the WKU PA announcer -- qualudes

Bowling Green, KY...Site of a provisional 1A college, or on location shooting destination for Deliverance 2?

Bowling Green, KY -- World leaders in maintaining US dominance in BMI! (Anyone notice that guy holding the sticks? I think he had Mark Mangino for breakfast!)

Do they try to stuff the linemen into middle seats on Southwest planes?

Do UNT players get free peanuts on Southwest charter flights?

Watching yesterday's game on ESPN 360, I wonder if the math department has redefined the meaning of 19,000. Were they counting attendance in binary?

It's fun to read opponent's message boards and watch the despair and misery from the outside looking in.

If we could score 51 points a game, we'd be 6-3. Encouraging or frightening?

After that shoestring incompletion by Casey last night, if he doesn't make the NFL, he's got a brilliant sales career ahead of him. I believed it even on the replays!

I love Scrappy, but felt something was missing last night with no mascot altercations.

I haven't been there, but I'm thinking that the one interesting thing about Bowling Green is that Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen mentioned it in their song "Down to Seeds and Stems Again Blues" (you FORMER pot smokers out there will probably remember that one).

Euless,

I still have that album: "Live from the Armadillo World Headquarters."

UNT should have green helmet stickers. This week, Tobe's helmet would look like the days of old, and he'd have stickers on his shoulder pads.

I was both bummed and impressed that UNT didn't engage in an end of the game grenade celebration.

WKU's helmets frighten me. Are they meant to stimulate dancing? Couple's skate? Bell bottom fashions?

One word for the WKU PA announcer -- qualudes

Bowling Green, KY...Site of a provisional 1A college, or on location shooting destination for Deliverance 2?

Bowling Green, KY -- World leaders in maintaining US dominance in BMI! (Anyone notice that guy holding the sticks? I think he had Mark Mangino for breakfast!)

Do they try to stuff the linemen into middle seats on Southwest planes?

Do UNT players get free peanuts on Southwest charter flights?

Watching yesterday's game on ESPN 360, I wonder if the math department has redefined the meaning of 19,000. Were they counting attendance in binary?

It's fun to read opponent's message boards and watch the despair and misery from the outside looking in.

If we could score 51 points a game, we'd be 6-3. Encouraging or frightening?

After that shoestring incompletion by Casey last night, if he doesn't make the NFL, he's got a brilliant sales career ahead of him. I believed it even on the replays!

I love Scrappy, but felt something was missing last night with no mascot altercations.

They just need to go to Kelly Green helmets with metal flakes. No helmet stickers!!

Just say NO to helmet stickers. Green metallic would be great though.

gk

I don't know whose toes I stepped on with helmet stickers and I don't know why, but so it is. Metallics, on the other hand, are for the 80s era night clubs, not the football field. I hated it when the NFL went to shiny pants, and I absolutely loathed it when some teams started donning metallic helmets. They look like a bad paint job on a Datsun 280ZX driven by a guy who hasn't heard the news that Magnum PI has been cancelled. If we're gonna' do metallic helmets, I think we need the coaching staff in linen blazers with the sleeves rolled up, and everyone should be required to maintain a 3-day growth.

I don't know whose toes I stepped on with helmet stickers and I don't know why, but so it is. Metallics, on the other hand, are for the 80s era night clubs, not the football field. I hated it when the NFL went to shiny pants, and I absolutely loathed it when some teams started donning metallic helmets. They look like a bad paint job on a Datsun 280ZX driven by a guy who hasn't heard the news that Magnum PI has been cancelled. If we're gonna' do metallic helmets, I think we need the coaching staff in linen blazers with the sleeves rolled up, and everyone should be required to maintain a 3-day growth.

Don't forget, no socks with the shoes. Crockett and Tubbs would be proud.

Sorry, OGS, I wasn't meaning to direct this at you. I've just always hated the helmet stickers.

Maybe the coaches should just flip their collars up. Oh, wait, we already had that discussion! LOL!

gk

Edited by meaniegreenie