Team Greeting Last Night

Green Dozer

Well, there were probably about 12 of us who showed up last night to welcome the team back to Denton. They arrived aboard three buses about 1 AM. I think the the players were all pretty surprised about it by the look on their faces, and most of them said as much. FFR cued the fight song over the speakers in his truck as they got off the buses. RV was very appreciative and personally thanked everybody who was there for coming. I would list everybody who was there to greet the team, but I do not want to take a chance of leaving somebody out. You know who you are, and thanks for being there. It was a great time in this season for players and fans alike. GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by Green Dozer

It was great to hear some of the guys say" Thanks for not giving up on us." I think that is pretty telling about how they have been feeling. These guys want to win, and last night they didn't quit ,Congrats guys. Thats all we ask of you Play all out , Every Down, every minute and good things will come.

It was great to hear some of the guys say" Thanks for not giving up on us." I think that is pretty telling about how they have been feeling. These guys want to win, and last night they didn't quit ,Congrats guys. Thats all we ask of you Play all out , Every Down, every minute and good things will come.

Great night all around.

Rick

JayDub, at first, I thought the same thing. FWIW, Deloach was one who did not get off the bus either, and many on this board give him a pass for anything/everything (don't recall if you have or not, just saying). But, I chalked it up to maybe their wives met them at the airport on Friday when they left, so they rode home with them after. And then I also thought, what difference does it make, we were there to show our appreciation to the players. And nobody that came to greet the team, including Fire Fight'n Rick said a word a about it either. So, lets not be nit picky, and just enjoy a victory. But then everybody thought I was crazy for criticizing RV for not standing with Dodge and show some unity at the Pourhouse during the interview with Vito over the drug issue.

Edited by Green Dozer

Meangreen Dub, can any body on this team do anything right? I mean can't you enjoy the victory, and give them a little break from the criticism? Regardless of who it was against, transition team or whatever, it was a win. And many here saw some improvement which is better than none. If you are so concerned where some of the coaches were last night, including the great Deloach, then why didn't you show up?

Edited by Green Dozer

Thanks to all who met the team...did not know that was set...I guess I should have been on GMG.com last evening late....man, would love to have joined you folks,,,BUT, thanks to all who made the effort...I am sure the team appreciated the effort...GREAT FANS...just super...congrats and thanks to all who attended. Yiu folks are super...great to seer the positive....way too much negative on this board!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

I had fun going out there last night. It was cool to meet a few more board members and put some faces to names. I think most of the players were in shock to see a group of fans greeting them back home. Maybe we could do this for every road win in the future? (Heres hoping to having several more this year)

Edited by GabeGMG