An Open Letter To Todd Dodge

oldguystudent

Coach Dodge,

I have been openly criticizing you all season. I admit that I don't know what's been going on behind closed doors this season, and I've been posting from the point of view from a fan who only knows as much as he sees on the scoreboard. I don't know what happened tonight, but had we won or lost, I saw a different team on the field. I saw fire and heart. I saw teamwork. If this is what we have to look forward to in the future of UNT football, then every thing I've ever had to say on this board is moot, invalid, and downright wrong. Congrats on your first win this year, and I look forward to watching the Mean Green on the 29th.

Oldguystudent

We always keep the store open late the Saturday after thanksgiving.

LOL

Coach Dodge,

I have been openly criticizing you all season. I admit that I don't know what's been going on behind closed doors this season, and I've been posting from the point of view from a fan who only knows as much as he sees on the scoreboard. I don't know what happened tonight, but had we won or lost, I saw a different team on the field. I saw fire and heart. I saw teamwork. If this is what we have to look forward to in the future of UNT football, then every thing I've ever had to say on this board is moot, invalid, and downright wrong. Congrats on your first win this year, and I look forward to watching the Mean Green on the 29th.

Oldguystudent

Coach Dodge,

Oldguystudent

Good post. Takes a real fan and a real man to make a post like this!

Congrats on the win, there was truly a different team on the field...an d adding a tight end is definitley a good Idea. Like I said earlier, maybe this drug thinwas hanging over their heads and now that it's out, maybe a weight has been lifted... hope it continues. Plus as george just said half off Ice cream at beth marie's. Woo Hoo, may have to make a trip just for the ICe cream.

Edited by filmerj

Coach Dodge,

Oldguystudent

Hey man, if there's anyone who could make crow taste "special", it's you!

Yawn. 4th quarter rally to beat a d1aa provisional team.

I'm glad the team won. I'm amazed they won after giving up 500+ yards. But...

I'm keeping the cork in my green champaign, till Dodge gets three wins.

touche - i'm happy about tonight's win. but i want to see another win next week

This.

If we lost this game, Dodge should have been fired on the spot. In case you missed the memo, our team still sucks. No need to start fellating the ol' ball coach just yet.

I'm happy to hear that the team looked like they had a fire and passion...where the hell has it been all season?

This.

If we lost this game, Dodge should have been fired on the spot. In case you missed the memo, our team still sucks. No need to start fellating the ol' ball coach just yet.

I'm happy to hear that the team looked like they had a fire and passion...where the hell has it been all season?

Totally agree. If we are on a three game winning streak when Ark St. comes to town, maybe then will I consider that TD is finally learning how to be a D-1 coach............and not a pompous micro-managing HS coach..........with a High School system.

I saw Seidle out there playing TE (or was it some sort of H-back position). Is this a glimer of hope that the "system" might be getting adjusted?

Yip. I too am glad they won. But it was against a D1aa provisional team, and they did have to do it at the last moment. Go out these next three games and show more improvement and then we can start discussing things.

WKU's 2 wins came from Eastern Kentucky & Murray St.

I'm glad the team got the win. The season long starters & Sr's deserve it more than anything. I'll make a final decision on how to approach this win after next week's game.

Edited by Got5onIt

Totally agree. If we are on a three game winning streak when Ark St. comes to town, maybe then will I consider that TD is finally learning how to be a D-1 coach............and not a pompous micro-managing HS coach..........with a High School system.

I saw Seidle out there playing TE (or was it some sort of H-back position). Is this a glimer of hope that the "system" might be getting adjusted?

I have the game recorded. I'll be looking for this so-called "TE" position.

Yip. I too am glad they won. But it was against a D1aa provisional team, and they did have to do it at the last moment. Go out these next three games and show more improvement and then we can start discussing things.

There was more emotion than I have seen in a long time from this team, fist pumping, etc. I hope it is a spring board and they are sick of losing.

Look, don't bash here. Yes, the team we beat was basically still working with its FCS limit of scholarships. Yes, they had a losing record and an idiot for a coach.

The game was good for the players. The coaches will still be accountable for what happens based on the entire season. A 1-11 finish will not be easy to swallow no matter how much of a relief this game was. Two of the last three games are on the road against conference opponents. We'll see what happens from here on out. We still gave up a ton of yards and points to a very bad team. Sometimes, though, the guys on the other side of the ball will help you out if you just hang in there. WKU helped us immensely, and for once, we took advantage of it.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Great win!!!! Really nce to see, and what an effort for the full 60 min! This is the team I have been expecting to see all season...and I am not talking about the win itself here. Nice job guys...just super! CONGRATU:ATIONS!

It is amazing to me how even with a win some folks can only find something negative to say!!! But, then, my guess, they are pretty much negative folks all the time about everything...you, know...the glass is half empty kind of folks. That's OK, they can be as they choose...just keep supporting the mean green...GO MEAN GREEN!

You will all, of course, recall that I predicted this win!!!! :lol:

Yes, the team we beat was basically still working with its FCS limit of scholarships.

WKU is already at their full FBS scholarship allotment, their coach stated that during a prerecorded interview during the game. They are a FBS independent team this year completing their transition year in which they are not eligible for postseason play.

Edited by ADLER

Guest Aquila_Viridis

It was sure a pleasant surprise to see NT won this game. From the box score, it appears it was not easy. Winning is a new perspective for this year's team and hopefully they really want more of it. You can bash WacKY as much as you want, but NT going on the road against a team you knew was going to play this game tough, I would have to say I was astonished at the victory. It put a smile on my face. That said, it will take sustained positive results before I back off the 'critical mass of destruction' theory. In celebration by the way I had a critical mass of green chile enchiladas at Chuy's on Barton Springs Road.

I imagine there was some bitching going on in Manhatten Kansas the week following a meager win over 1-AA North Texas in 1989? And when I think about it, I also recall some bitching going on the next week here after NT got a win over MTSU back in '01 with comments like.."So what, MTSU has been in 1-A how freakin long?, and "this doesn't mean shit if you still gave ULM their first win of the season the week before".

Plenty of crows left around my place. Just let me know when the time comes but just remember, and ask Stebo if your not sure, I take the "Eating Crow" thing literally.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I imagine there was some bitching going on in Manhatten Kansas the week following a meager win over 1-AA North Texas in 1989? And when I think about it, I also recall some bitching going on the next week here after NT got a win over MTSU back in '01 with comments like.."So what, MTSU has been in 1-A how freakin long?, and "this doesn't mean shit if you still gave ULM their first win of the season the week before".

Plenty of crows left around my place. Just let me know when the time comes but just remember, and ask Stebo if your not sure, I take the "Eating Crow" thing literally.

Rick

Didn't Snyder go 1 and 10 his first year at Kansas State with his only win being over a Division 1AA opponent on a last second pass?

Didn't he know that gives him only something like a one in a gazillion chance of having a successful career? Even through his second season he had only won 2 games against other future BCS teams (Oklahoma State and Iowa State) and the remaining victories were canned hunt home games against lower competition (New Mexico, New Mexico State, and Western Illinois).

What? Snyder is now in the Kansas State Hall of Fame and the Kansas State University stadium is named after him?

Save the spin for the election.

The glass is not half full.

Western Kentucky is in the second year of the two year d1aa/fcs D1/FBS transition.

Stats and stories from before 1992 (the birth of modern college football with the advent of the 12 team SEC) don't matter.

Snyder had his first collegiate coaching experience in 1966, serving as a graduate assistant coach for the USC Trojans. He next worked as a head coach for several years in the California high school ranks. From 1976 to 1978, Snyder worked as an assistant coach at North Texas State, under Hall of Fame coach Hayden Fry. Snyder and Fry moved together to the University of Iowa in 1979, with Snyder serving as Fry's offensive coordinator for the next ten years. Snyder was hired as the 30th head coach of the Kansas State University Wildcats following the 1988 season.

Snyder wiki