Please, Lets Stop The Negative Stuff

Green Dozer

Know you guys might find this interesting, especially coming from me. But lets lay off for a day or so with all the opinions, criticisms, venting, and let these players, coaches, fans, and of course all of us on this board savor a victory. If the players do read the board, let them find out that we are really proud of them, and lets let them see it. Just an idea.

This win felt like we had just won the Sun Belt title from a few years ago. Getting that first win of the season can do wonders for our players' and coaches' confidence. I think that next week we will play FAU just as hard and could come out with another win.

My wife just called me and said that my 5 year old son won't stop singing the Mean Green Fight Song. She said he is a broken record...AWESOME!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!

You know Shaft, until you can tell me where we are going to find significantly better, given what we pay a coaching staff, then I might listen to you. Who is going to do better than Moore, Jones, Nelson, Parker, Simon, Dickey, and Dodge? Moore, Nelson, and Dickey all had their bright spots. IE dickey had championships, but got blown out in OOC. Everybody griped about that. Yet, he was suppose to recruit blue chippers here. I mean he had his faults, but be realistic. The adm is coming around, but when are alumni like you and the Fake Lonnie gonna take ownership in this program, and realize there needs to be some serious dollars invested in it. It seems like you and Fake Lonnie expect a free ride. Again, there are no 1/2 price coupons to help us get a competitive program. Yea, its a dream to find a Boone Pickens, but it is just as ridiculous to think there is some DIV I capable coach that can come here and build a champion year in and year out given the resources he is expected to work with. Oh, he might have his moments, but it will be the same old UNT, that people refer to as an insignificant program. I am not sure about a Top 20 program, but we could have a top 40 program, that cracks the top 25 every few years or so. That is reachable, and it is not if we stay on the path of the past 40 years. That is what you want. This time, we need to do our part, and that is to deliver that stadium. We need to take it upon ourselves just like people at UT, Marshall, Central Florida, LSU, etc. and that is have enough pride to give and build it. That is what we comitted to Dodge & the fans, promised or implied. So Shaft, get Lonnie and dig deep into those pockets and pay up. Both of you get part time job if you need to. Otherwise, if you both cannot put your money where your mouth is, then keep it shut.

Edited by Green Dozer

Why does 1 win let the coaching staff off the hook?

3-18.

your negative replys are tiresome, not needed, and unwanted. give it a rest about Dodge. We have all heard your opinions over and over and over and over and over...we got it...you hate Dodge and unless we win every game, you'll find something to bitch about. Heck, even if we won every game, you'd probably bitch that it wasn't by enough points.

Can someone tell me what good burring our heads in the sand does? How is overlooking obvious flaws taking "ownership" of the program.

Why is my criticism of coach Dodge of less value than someone else's blind support?

Dodge has done a horrible job has head coach, why is it so hard to accept that?

Can someone tell me what good burring our heads in the sand does? How is overlooking obvious flaws taking "ownership" of the program.

Why is my criticism of coach Dodge of less value than someone else's blind support?

For what it's worth, I tire of all dead horse-beatings equally.

It's not about blind support. Its not about burying our heads in the sand. Its not about blind support. Its you going on and on and on and on and on. How about giving it a rest, and giving this thing a chance. I listed all the "great" coaches we have brought in since Fry. All of them would be along the same thing you have in mind, the same old boring UNT football program. I am willing to give this a go, because unless you can come up with the money, we are doing something different. No, it may or may not payoff. But, we as donors need to do our part this time, not just leave up to one man. But we can put your no foresight, wanting something for nothing plan into effect anytime. Why don't you get rid of the inferior chip you have on your shoulder? If Clint Murchison or Jerry Jones had you as adviser, you can bet there would not be 5 Lombardi Trophys' in Jerry Jones' office.

Possibly because many/most on this board do NOT agree with your constant nonsense approach and Dodge-bashing. Go back to the SMut board (or wherever you came from) and spend your time bashing over there. I for one and really tired of it! :blowup:

shaft,

The coaches will be judged on the whole season. We're already going to have a losing season. We've already fielded an iffy offense, pourous defense, and spotty special teams all season long. There's nothing more to say. The coaches are responsible for the terrible season, possibly a 1-11 season now that we have no more FCS/FBS halfies left on the schedule.

If the Dodge apoligists want to spin this win as a turning point let them. Those of us who want better understand what it is - a nailbiter of a win over a very poor team...a team without a win versus FBS-level competition this year. It doesn't chage the fact that anytime we've been on the field a full-fledged FBS team, we've been blown out.

Don't worry, dude, not everyone's head is in the sand. Many people want this win to erase all of the poor gameplanning we've endured for two years.

It is what it is - a game won on the last play, that could have gone either way, against another terrible team. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Before the win, this was a sky-is-falling board and everyone was jumping on the magic carpet ride (with posters!)

Now, after a single win over WKU, it's all rainbows and ice cream; yet someone who isn't climbing aboard your ice cream-delicious train to Beth and Mary's to join in fellowship as you praise the return of football Jesus is being bashed.

I actually love all of you, but needed to try and post something that had posters, train, magically delicious, ice cream, rainbows, and Jesus in it.

I kind of feel a hankerin' for some Lucky Charms. See ya'll later.

Please show some maturity!

This from the guy wrapping himself in the Cowboys flag?

I'm sorry your sick of the negative talk. I'm sick of the crappy coaching.

If none of this matters (which it doesn't), then stop posting or even reading a college football message football.

I'm sorry the discussion can't be all Rainbows and Kittens, because that's not what this team is right now.

Possibly because many/most on this board do NOT agree with your constant nonsense approach and Dodge-bashing. Go back to the SMut board (or wherever you came from) and spend your time bashing over there. I for one and really tired of it! :blowup:

Actually, since more folks like you've shown up, I've noticed a ton of people residing mostly on the private board or not coming back here at all.

Ther"e's"....a "vor..."tex...of in"tellig"ent...con"versa"tion....that leads...to seeming...ly..."compl"...ace....nt silen'ce.'