No One Answered Me In Another Thread So I Will Ask Again....

Except Lou Gehrig's disease

Ouch....

But we have seen that money can cure HIV, as South Park taught us :blink:

Back to the topic at hand, I think its a general consenus that the first step is to be competing for conference titles every year, and competitive in OOC games. Then we want to win most of the OOC games, and be expected to win conference. Next we should strive to be like Boise St, Utah, TCU, and S Florida.

1. new stadium

2. new coach

3. new conference

then, life will be good

I was wondering when the "NEW COACH" idea would surface. I guess it didn't take long.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I think that within 5 years, keeping Dodge, we should expect some level of consistency at least. If we lose a tough game to a Troy or an FAU I have no problem with that. But getting blasted by ULLs and FIUs of the world is just insane. So here I go with my expectation.

2009: 3-9

2010: 6-6

2011: Back competing for Sun Belt Crowns. A proven winner will be taking snaps as a senior for us at this point.

So really waht I am saying is this - When this thing can turn into another Southlake, I think we will be okay. I really think Riley should be our starter Week 1 of next season. I am a HUGE Gio fan and don't really fault him much for our recent turmoil, but Riley is the future, I think Riley is better, and I think he should be our guy.

As far as OOC games go, we need to keep scheduling K-States, Arkansas, try some TCU/Houston. Basically games against teams from good conferences, localized, that we can win. We could win 200 Sun Belt games in a row and wouldn't get as much respect as ONE win from a BCS team would give us. I mean just look at 01-04 teams, never won a big OOC game excluding Baylor and we were still on the backburner.

Stage -1: literally the worst team in the nation

gk

Actually, you missed the worst stage, or Stage -2 (codename defcon 2). RV has a small red book with the "codes" if we reached this stage. Dr B has the other "code book". Thankfully the student vote avoided Stage -2. You don't know how close Dr. B was to reaching reaching for the "red phone" and pulling out the "code book".

Good point, but I think the code is already known.

Using historical data and applying complex decryption algorithm we see the following:

RV's code: UTA==>UNT

DrB's code: MovinMavs==>MeanGreen

We've seen what happens when they're used.

Of historical note, there is also the SMU/DeathPenalty code that was used once, but the technology behind this was destroyed in the process and hence it can never be used again.

I have several other codes related to other local sports teams that I'm currently not a liberty to disclose at this point, but the location of UTA is a hint.

gk

Actually, you missed the worst stage, or Stage -2 (codename defcon 2). RV has a small red book with the "codes" if we reached this stage. Dr B has the other "code book". Thankfully the student vote avoided Stage -2. You don't know how close Dr. B was to reaching reaching for the "red phone" and pulling out the "code book".

No way that happens twice. I sense a successful D2 or D1AA coach for the next round. Somebody who knows the college game and is driven to make a name for themselves. I think it goes like this.

Year 3: 0-6 - Dodge gets fired mid-season and his replacement wins 1 game making our record 1-11

Year 4: 4-8 - The wins come against 2 1AA teams, Western Kentucky and FIU. Everyone complains that we can't beat a "real" 1A team.

Year 5: 7-5 - We go to one of those new Sun Belt bowls and play somewhere in Fargo ND. We eke out a win over Elko St U. Fry Street goes nuts.

Year 6: 10-2 - After an 8-0 start, including incredible squeakers against two Big XII teams, we are upset mid-season by MTSU and Ark St. We go to and win the New Orleans Bowl. Bourbon street goes nuts. We sing the praises of the new coach, erect a bronze statue in front of the stadium, and get ready for the BCS next year.

Year 6 1/2 - Our brilliant coach is offered $2 Million to once again turn around the floundering University of Washington Huskies. UNT counter offers with $17/hr and a 1 week rental (subcompact) from Enterprise. Seattle residents rejoice. 50c cocktail night on Fry Street becomes so crowded with people drowning their sorrows that the fire marshall shuts it down and has condos erected.

Year 6 3/4 - UNT goes on a "national search" for a relevant coach. It hangs out a "help wanted" sign offering approximately 20% of the going rate for winning 1A programs. Frisco High School wins its fourth consecutive 4A state championship. The coach drives on over to Denton for a little talk.....

...thing of beauty.

• 3 years later...

QUOTE(LoveMG @ Oct 30 2008, 04:33 PM)

1. new stadium

2. new coach

3. new conference

then, life will be good

I was wondering when the "NEW COACH" idea would surface. I guess it didn't take long.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I think that within 5 years, keeping Dodge, we should expect some level of consistency at least. If we lose a tough game to a Troy or an FAU I have no problem with that. But getting blasted by ULLs and FIUs of the world is just insane. So here I go with my expectation.

2009: 3-9

2010: 6-6

2011: Back competing for Sun Belt Crowns. A proven winner will be taking snaps as a senior for us at this point.

So really waht I am saying is this - When this thing can turn into another Southlake, I think we will be okay. I really think Riley should be our starter Week 1 of next season. I am a HUGE Gio fan and don't really fault him much for our recent turmoil, but Riley is the future, I think Riley is better, and I think he should be our guy.

As far as OOC games go, we need to keep scheduling K-States, Arkansas, try some TCU/Houston. Basically games against teams from good conferences, localized, that we can win. We could win 200 Sun Belt games in a row and wouldn't get as much respect as ONE win from a BCS team would give us. I mean just look at 01-04 teams, never won a big OOC game excluding Baylor and we were still on the backburner.

Went way back in the archives to find this one.. Since 1,2 and 3 all happened. LIFE IS GOOD BABY!!!