The unOfficial "McCain Sucks/Obama Sucks" Super Thread

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some very strong feelings on both sides of this issue. I don't believe this will be nearly as big of a landslide as other predict. I think it will be close, about a 4% difference. Those same heartland voters that don't get polled, don't go to giant 80,000 seat rallies, the ones that just work hard - and go about their business each day - and are very conservative... those people will show up in droves today... Just like they showed up in 2004. Will it be enough to lift McCain over Obama? I don't think that is possible, the math just isn't there for Johnny Mac anymore. But it will be a heck of a lot closer in the popular vote than a landslide. Electoral vote?? Geez, Obama mastered the electoral system during the primaries and caucuses with Hillary. He really knows the numbers game and how to get what he needs (and leave alone what he doesn't need)... I think the electoral college will be a big win for Obama with the popular vote only being separated by about 4-5% (Obama winning). Just my opinion..

It's wishful thinking. If Obama wins, it's by less than 10 electoral votes.

That darn liberal George Will thinks it'll be more like 389 for Obama. And I'm the one doing wishful thinking? The only way Obama wins by less than 10 EV's is with a huge Bradley Effect. Something that has since been proven as either non-existant, or overhyped.

Democrats are expected the increase majorities in both houses.

Makes a whole hell of a lot of sense!

Kind of like the party that supports a pro-choice stance on abortion yet people go to jail for destroying the nesting grounds of sea turtles.

Guest JohnDenver

Tit for tat

Voter intimidation at early voting

In case you say that this is just a protest and perfectly legal... read the Voting Rights Act of 1964.

Voting Rights Act of 1964. As Section 11 (B) of the Act clearly states:

No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any person for voting or attempting to vote, or intimidate, threaten, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any person for urging or aiding any person to vote or attempt to vote.

Tit for tat

Voter intimidation at early voting

In case you say that this is just a protest and perfectly legal... read the Voting Rights Act of 1964.

Tit for tat?!? I don't see a single one of these blocking the entrance to the polling place, I don't see a single one of them brandishing a weapon.

Get real.

Guest JohnDenver

Tit for tat?!? I don't see a single one of these blocking the entrance to the polling place, I don't see a single one of them brandishing a weapon.

Get real.

Doesn't mean they aren't intimidating... or violating the law. Get real.