Star-telegram Story

UNTflyer

DENTON — Todd Dodge has declared war on drugs at North Texas — at least on his football team.

Dodge and university officials acknowledged Tuesday that 86 UNT football players were tested for recreational drugs in the past month, with 15 tests coming back positive.

All 15 players are now taking part in drug/alcohol education, are on one year’s probation and will submit to further random testing at Dodge’s discretion.

Additional penalties for failing a second or multiple subsequent tests include suspensions, mandatory counseling and/or rehabilitation, and dismissal from the team for a fourth positive test, according to university policy.

http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sport...ry/1003204.html

DO NOT POST ENTIRE ARTICLES.

Only a snippet and then a link to the rest of the article.

--Cerebus

Gee, I wonder what message board he was referencing? :huh:

He isn't, however, a coach willing to sacrifice players to lower the heat for an 0-8 start. For starters, UNT was 0-3 when the testing procedure began. I actually read this moronic assertion on a message board -- one that from personal dealings has some of the most irrationally vitriolic and misinformed/misguided inhabitants found in cyberspace. This particular theory deserves a felony arrest by the stupid police.

:lol::lol:

NCAA officials tested several UNT players last month for performance-enhancing drugs as part of their usual national testing. Dodge, whose team is 0-8 this season, said performance "de-hancing" in a number of players led him and assistant coaches to suspect drug use.

That quote is the biggest crop of crap I've ever heard. Yep, NT is 0-8 because of the massive drug use. I've read all I need to read. This is a pathetic attempt at finding an excuse and a coach/coaching staff who refuses to look in the mirror. He should be fired at the end of this season. This really irritates me to no end. Really, what is the logic behind his thinking?? Idiots, ignorant, and not a clue outside of SLC.

That quote is the biggest crop of crap I've ever heard. Yep, NT is 0-8 because of the massive drug use. I've read all I need to read. This is a pathetic attempt at finding an excuse and a coach/coaching staff who refuses to look in the mirror. He should be fired at the end of this season. This really irritates me to no end. Really, what is the logic behind his thinking?? Idiots, ignorant, and not a clue outside of SLC.

They are not saying that they are 0-8 because of the drug use. It's possible it's more on the personal level. Perhaps he actually does

care for his players welfare. Stop reading into it too much.

Let's quote Troy again since some don't seem to have read it:

He isn't, however, a coach willing to sacrifice players to lower the heat for an 0-8 start. For starters, UNT was 0-3 when the testing procedure began.