Dont You Just Love

Rudy

Don't you just love all of these newbies that show up when something bad happens slamming the players, staff, school, etc? Be here throught the good and the bad and show you are an real fan. Not some jerkass spewing fire from your mouth just cause you have some sort of vendetta or inferiority complex.

Don't you just love all of these newbies that show up when something bad happens slamming the players, staff, school, etc? Be here throught the good and the bad and show you are an real fan. Not some jerkass spewing fire from your mouth just cause you have some sort of vendetta or inferiority complex.

Well, let me see if anyone else detects a pattern.

A certain poster who had previously been irritating a lot of parents by using what may have been information from an athletic department staff member to encourage speculation about player injuries stopped posting around the last of September this year, so was perhaps suspended by one of the board admins.

Another poster (or the same poster with a different screen name) showed up around the first of October this year, and had a very similar style and content (lots of name dropping; appearance of possible inside connections, etc). That member posted what he/she said was from reliable sources about a lot of mistreatment of UNT football players by Dodge, including making them take "piss tests". A board admin posts that the members "sources" contradict the facts of the post, immediately locks the thread, announces that the member has been given a "vacation", and, at some point, deletes the thread.

A day or two later, Vito posts the story about the drug testing, positive results, and Dodge's response to his questions.

The first mentioned poster, who had begun posting again sometime around September 20 this year, started posting in a BIG way in the numerous drug testing related threats, basically slamming everyone on the staff who is in any way associated with the football program, from RV down, as well as the head coach's son. As a reaction to his posts, other members begin defending Dodge who have not lately.

So, not to sound like some conspiracy theorist. is it possible that the first poster, once having been suspended from the board, began posting under the second name, got off the suspension for the first name sometime around September 20, and then began posting under both names until October 26, or thereabouts. That could have been when, posting under the second name, he made the post about the piss tests, and was suspended by the board admin. Through that, or by making subsequent "leaks" to Vito, he may have gotten the story out concerning the drug testing. All that having been made public, he would still have the original screen name (the one which he used when he began encouraging speculation about player injuries-some of which was followed up by Vito in his blog). So, using that original screen name, is it possible he has since, been making posts all over the board, using his own release of information about an internal (up to that point) drug testing program, to slam the UNT football coaches, and some players, and, ironically, about their "unprofessional" handling of this information? Just wondering, because there seems like a lot of irrational exuberance on his part over a rather sad situation, no matter how you spin it.

I agree...I'm a newbie but I ain't jumpin ship or throwin anyone out of town. If you think this site is bad? It is. But check out BarkBoard.com....Fresno State is 5-2 (2 missed FGs away from being 7-0 and a BCS buster) and 90% of the board wants Pat Hill fired.

Edited by mdh0192

I agree...I'm a newbie but I ain't jumpin ship or throwin anyone out of town. If you think this site is bad? It is. But check out BarkBoard.com....Fresno State is 5-2 and 90% of the board wants Pat Hill fired.

I've noticed that, and it seems a bit weird; maybe it's the expectations that winning programs create. Yes, I wish we had expectations of winning big.

Well, let me see if anyone else detects a pattern.

A certain poster who had previously been irritating a lot of parents by using what may have been information from an athletic department staff member to encourage speculation about player injuries stopped posting around the last of September this year, so was perhaps suspended by one of the board admins.

Another poster (or the same poster with a different screen name) showed up around the first of October this year, and had a very similar style and content (lots of name dropping; appearance of possible inside connections, etc). That member posted what he/she said was from reliable sources about a lot of mistreatment of UNT football players by Dodge, including making them take "piss tests". A board admin posts that the members "sources" contradict the facts of the post, immediately locks the thread, announces that the member has been given a "vacation", and, at some point, deletes the thread.

A day or two later, Vito posts the story about the drug testing, positive results, and Dodge's response to his questions.

The first mentioned poster, who had begun posting again sometime around September 20 this year, started posting in a BIG way in the numerous drug testing related threats, basically slamming everyone on the staff who is in any way associated with the football program, from RV down, as well as the head coach's son. As a reaction to his posts, other members begin defending Dodge who have not lately.

So, not to sound like some conspiracy theorist. is it possible that the first poster, once having been suspended from the board, began posting under the second name, got off the suspension for the first name sometime around September 20, and then began posting under both names until October 26, or thereabouts. That could have been when, posting under the second name, he made the post about the piss tests, and was suspended by the board admin. Through that, or by making subsequent "leaks" to Vito, he may have gotten the story out concerning the drug testing. All that having been made public, he would still have the original screen name (the one which he used when he began encouraging speculation about player injuries-some of which was followed up by Vito in his blog). So, using that original screen name, is it possible he has since, been making posts all over the board, using his own release of information about an internal (up to that point) drug testing program, to slam the UNT football coaches, and some players, and, ironically, about their "unprofessional" handling of this information? Just wondering, because there seems like a lot of irrational exuberance on his part over a rather sad situation, no matter how you spin it.

Well, sir, you are very close to the truth. My friend and I tailgate next to a group of parents who do nothing but gripe and moan about Dodge & Co. Some of the things this poster has posted has been mentioned in the parking lot. One parent in particular mentioned he has four aliases on this board, and what he posts depends on which one he uses. FWIW, I do not put a lot of stock in most things they say.

Well just because they are newbies does not mean they are not entitled to their opinion. Just because they are newbies here does not mean they are newbies to UNT. I agree some of them can be a bit odd but so are the "veterans" of this board.

Very good post. I really appreciate your clear thought!