Ch. 8 Has Unt Player/drug Story On 5pm News

NT80

It was about the third story into the news at 5pm. It seemed like a fair story and showed a lot of recent clips of a practice. They also showed the Dodge news conference addressing the drug testing and him wanting to help players with this issue. It was very well presented and shed good light on Coach Dodge wanting to do the right thing. I'm not sure it was good pub for the program or to parents of recruits of players who probably want junior to go to a squeaky clean program from the start, but doubt there is such a place. Maybe it will be seen as a positive that the coach is taking a hardline on it? Ch. 8 also had the old Eagle-head logo at the beginning of the story....geez. <_<

Edited by NT80

Dodge made a blunder but he is one slick son of gun. He spins it like he is doing it for the kids. He had no clue this was going to blow up. No way he would have brought this kind of negativity to the program. If he did, he is an idiot.

What a great promotional piece. "Mom and Dad" I love your kids and were all family. I'm doing it all for them."

He screwed are recruiting and put negative light on this program without even knowing the law.

Vito got the info off the board last night about the urine test and knew he had an opening.

Dodge made a blunder but he is one slick son of gun. He spins it like he is doing it for the kids. He had no clue this was going to blow up. No way he would have brought this kind of negativity to the program. If he did, he is an idiot.

What a great promotional piece. "Mom and Dad" I love your kids and were all family. I'm doing it all for them."

He screwed are recruiting and put negative light on this program without even knowing the law.

Vito got the info off the board last night about the urine test and knew he had an opening.

So, what is the reason behind your level of disdain for Dodge?

I read the ballsy posts by PHS for number one.

Number 2, this was a media blunder that should have been completely avoided.

Self inflicted salt on the wound makes no sense. Dodge can spin it, but it doesn't work for me.

Dodge was frat boy himself. You think he ever did anything against team rules at UT? Football players are no choir boys and no different than anyother young person.

Kids make a bad decision but I belief problems should be handled internally. Dodge preaches his family approach and his love for UNT. Tell me how this helped UNT and its recruiting and image?

You think he ever did anything against team rules at UT? Football players are no choir boys and no different than anyother young person.

Oh, so Dickey's boys were squeky clean? NO wait, its Stoops program. No, wait, its Texas. OH, well how about Va Tech? Umm, ok what about_____?

I read the ballsy posts by PHS for number one.

Number 2, this was a media blunder that should have been completely avoided.

Self inflicted salt on the wound makes no sense. Dodge can spin it, but it doesn't work for me.

Dodge was frat boy himself. You think he ever did anything against team rules at UT? Football players are no choir boys and no different than anyother young person.

Kids make a bad decision but I belief problems should be handled internally. Dodge preaches his family approach and his love for UNT. Tell me how this helped UNT and its recruiting and image?

Again, once he did this in the scope of being in the best interest of the University, it fell under Freedom of Information Act. What if it wasn't just weed? What if meth or heroine had became rampant on this team? I assure you if another Andrew Smith incident happened due to drugs, and you found out that Dodge knew of a drug problem, I guess you would be posting how Dodge put the program above a kid's life. If this turns around or saves one life, then this season has been successful. No, sorry, because of boards like this and other "sources" in the athletic department, it would have taken a miracle for Dodge or Rick V to kept this in-house. You didn't know Dodge at UT and neither did I, so what he did or did not do at UT is irrevelant. I bet he didn't use drugs. And your right, players are no choir boys. And what good would it do for another coach to slam us regarding this incident anyway? Its not like they do not have enough ammunition anyway. Not saying Dodge is perfect, but the fact that he is using something like this to his advantage is just ridiculous. And as for PHS, he has never liked Dodge, even before he got here.