We Made The Front Page Of Espn.com!

cdizzle86

"The NCAA drug-tested 20 North Texas players on Sept. 30. The university has not yet received the results of those tests, according to the report."

Geez, can't we even find someone who can run a drug test in A MONTH? Did they send the specimens off to China, or is our coaching staff practicing for a career change into laboratory testing? It would have been nice to have gotten it all over with at once instead of making this an ongoing saga.

Man, I'm starting to wonder if TD isn't the anti-jock, sent here by the liberal professors who are out to destroy anything and everything athletic. Didn't last year's story make the front page too?

Talk about twisting something into a political statement.... The Math/Science department I am a member of, has a 14 member fantasy football league and we do keep up with sports and talk sports. No doubt a few profs are a bit odd (any profession has a few strange folks) but most profs are just normal people with the usual interests. .. Just be honest about educators......ok

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Talk about twisting something into a political statement.... The Math/Science department I am a member of, has a 14 member fantasy football league and we do keep up with sports. No doubt a few profs are a bit odd (any profession has them) but most profs are just normal people with the usual interests. .. Just be honest about educators......ok

Sorry if I struck a nerve. It was just a mild attempt at humor in the middle of a pretty messy situation. I have a professor brother who was a multi-sport athlete in college, so I'm very aware that all professors are not anti-athletics.

Sorry if I struck a nerve. It was just a mild attempt at humor in the middle of a pretty messy situation. I have a professor brother who was a multi-sport athlete in college, so I'm very aware that all professors are not anti-athletics.

---One thing I have learned.... humor is often hard to detect in print.... it is a lot easier to tell in person... (Sarcasm especially)

The program is spiraling out of control.

Actually, the program was already out of control, Dodge is trying to get it back under control.

It's like cycling and all their doping allegations. Is cycling the dirtiest because they're constantly suspending players or are they acutally the cleanest?

This all seems as though the world is coming to an end but this is the cost of trying to turn this battleship around. Like most things, programs, companies, departments, whatever. On a scale of 1-10 if you're at a 4, trying to get to a 10, you make a change then you usually go down to a 2 before you start back up to 4, 5, 6 and beyond.

I'm as frustrated as anyone about the results on the field but it seems that Coach Dodge is trying to build a foundation here. I hope he doesn't lose his resolve.

You know, the article by Vito served no purpose. Maybe he is trying to hone his "investigative journalism" skills or something or maybe he's just looking for bad news. If, and this is obviously moot at this point, he got his FOI data back and all players passed, do you think he would have written a story about it?

Keith

Dodge and RV have no clue to what the NCAA tests for.

The NCAA only does testing for drug enhancing and for non perscription drugs.

Alcohol, weed, and other things are violations of school policy.

I guarantee that neither RV or Dodge knew about the law of public information. No way did they know that this deal was going to go public.

Both RV and Dodge are showing their incredible level of imcompetence.

You know, the article by Vito served no purpose. Maybe he is trying to hone his "investigative journalism" skills or something or maybe he's just looking for bad news. If, and this is obviously moot at this point, he got his FOI data back and all players passed, do you think he would have written a story about it?

Keith

Vito could have run this long ago. He waited until he had a stronger article and he also let the stadium vote happen. Most of this has been floating around the ether for awhile and we are somewhat lucky the vote is over.

Keith

Actually, yes he would have. That would have made local headlines as well - coach drug tests the entire time and all of them passed. Not sure if it would have been national, but certainly local news.