Rivals Article

MeanGreen61

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:15 pm EDT

At least we know what illicit substances North Texas players haven't been testing positive for

By Matt Hinton

In case you were wondering, yes, this is the same place where assistant coaches got into a fistfight at halftime of a late season game in 2006. :cry:

ARTICLE

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog...rn=ncaaf,117930

Man, that hurts! Kind of flys in the face of "any PR is good PR", doesn't it. Ok, it's done...now let's get on with "righting this ship" and getting it headed in the winning direction!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Man, that hurts! Kind of flys in the face of "any PR is good PR", doesn't it. Ok, it's done...now let's get on with "righting this ship" and getting it headed in the winning direction!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Not really. The reason that this saying came about was because most people don't remember what they heard, only who they heard about. In 10 years, I doubt that very many people will remember that we had a bunch of kids fail drugs tests, only that they remember us being in the news. In the immediate future, this is a real black eye. In the distant future, this just raises awareness of the university.

Not really. The reason that this saying came about was because most people don't remember what they heard, only who they heard about. In 10 years, I doubt that very many people will remember that we had a bunch of kids fail drugs tests, only that they remember us being in the news. In the immediate future, this is a real black eye. In the distant future, this just raises awareness of the university.

I wish I could find the actual study, but companies that have negative articles written about them in the Wall Street Journal always have an immediate drop in stock price. But within about 3 to 5 month, a huge percentage have their stock increase in price to a level higher than it was before the story. Again, I don't remember where the study was done - one of the big business school grad programs.