Monday Morning Recap

Quoner

The best way to do a recap is to get off the board around 5:00 pm on a Friday and wait to visit it again until 8:00 am Monday morning. That way you just get to sit back and experience the game weekend the way God intended before He invented the internet to ruin society and destroy us all. Sure, you can sit on the internet and bitch that we basically run the same 5-6 plays all day, but no one gets to see the beauty and hope of yet another pass to the flat, each one full of its own hope that this will be the one where we spin out of the close defenders grasp and dash to glory. Sometimes the true beauty of a 1-3 yard pass play is the audacity of hope that comes with it. And, that my friends, is something boring old Dickeyball never offered us. you knew that the rush would end unless the whole was perfect - the pass to the flat gives you just a few more moments to dream. And aren't dreams what make America great?

Let's read some links:

Backing up to Friday, I still cannot believe someone took this seriously. As one unidentified poster put it - "maybe he is a genius doing a bit and this is why he keeps saying things like 'we'll win this weekend.'"

Bonfire was reportedly awesome. "A good crowd with the spirit of stunned sheep, but I guess 0-7 will do that."

A Troy Phillips' pecial report - a good measure of a defensive back is how many tackles are made in a bad defense. Somewhere, the Big 12 stats guy who made one of A&M's DBs the defensive player of the week after Army threw four passes all game is smiling. But, it was positive press and it didn't mention the record or that we allowed TDs on 33 of 47 first half drives, so we'll take it. Wait, it did. Troy - you bastard!

Wow, it's been a year since Navy?

Bring back Eric Russell - he's my favorite poster on the board!

Savior the numbers - we're in the 400 club! If anyone wants to do some homework, they should look at conference games only and see if we've ever had a worse run excluding "bodybag" games. Oh, more fun numbers can be found here.

Is it just me, or has Harry never sounded this beaten before? We need to get the sunshine gang out to his place, pronto.

Brett Vito's a dick - now in radio form!

When things are falling apart and the coaching staff seems in disarray, there is only one logical target for your scorn - Vizza!

The Wheels Are Off The Bus (both as a metaphor for football and grammar:) "the offense is bad, the defense is worse, special teams is not special, and the playbook needs trashed. there is no entertainment value. we are watching the worst team in north texas history. it is time for the dodge experiment to end."

Watch how quickly this thread goes from the WKU line to transfer talk - it's almost amazing, except that crap like that always happens here. All it needs is for 66 to show up and compare the kickoff return to West Texas know-how and Rush Limbaugh.

Ican has tickut offis? http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...43932&st=15

A tradition as old as golf, er time, is SMU really a rival? (with a special appearance from one of our outstanding Dodgefans)

Haha - there band has a fat person in it and none of us are fat, so it is really funny that we point out how fat she is! Haha - look at fatty! She's so fat that when she eats a meal, it is bigger in size than what a normal person would eat on a standard 2,000 calorie diet. Haha - stupid fatty. go run on a treadmill. That's why I like our fan base: trim, fit and classy. I hope they can airlift that big fatty fat-fat all the wya back to Alabama.

Thread worth reading and expanding before it gets derailed: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43967

Patrick Cobbs is now so awesome that he can open the field for victory without touchnig the ball, just like TO: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43968

Come for the optimism, stay to trash the literary tampon that is the Texas Monthly!

Emmitt make sense good: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...=43960&st=0

Finally, cheer up - basketball is coming!