Questioning Vizza

MeanGreenZen

I didn't see anyone pinning this disaster on Vizza, only questioning why he refused to stand up and be accountable to the press and thus the fans and supporters of this program, even when things are not good.

As far as Dibrell, check out the Denton County Sheriff's Department website (this is public information that everyone on this board is entitled to). I wouldn't want Vizza "hitting" anything with Dibrell. As far as I'm concerned, the fewer players we have on the team with police records the better.

As far as Vizza and how you claim he should have gone to Nevada... well if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Vizza chose to come to UNT. He is here and needs to make the best of it. He has been given a lot of responsibility on this team and if he walks away, that would be weak and pathetic. Anyone can walk away when things are tough. It takes character and strength to hold on and turn things around. I hope Vizza falls into the latter category.

I would agree if the kid was playing at Texas or OU and had just lost a big game and wouldn't come out to talk. There, the coaching staffs put their teams in position to win every game - and not just during football season. On the field, off the field, during the season, during the off-season.

Todd Dodge and his cast of high school coaches have put these kids in a position, not to win, but to be embarassed week after week after week. It would be different if there were some sort of improvement. But, there isn't. Not on offense. Not on defense. Not in special teams play.

Vizza's a 19-year old kid. He shouldn't bear the responsibility of the ineptitude he must endure from a grown man with a stubborn ego. He's got three more years to play football in college. The experience should be better for him. He's talented and deserves coaching that will fully develop him - and, the teammates around him.

I know Danny Meager's dad posts here. I've posted that I thought Meager should be getting into games this season, if not to win, at least to show the kid some appreciation for sticking it out. Todd Dodge doesn't even have the courtesy to do that.

And, there's none of the "but he needs to keep Vizza in to develop him." What else is there? The kid already knows how to runs for his life down after down and be sacked. Give the kid a break and give Meager his due. He could be playing at a good FCS school and starting, I'm sure. He stuck it out. Dodge should put him into the blowouts and give Vizza a break. This season is done. We're blown out early in every game. Dodge isn't proving anything anymore...and Vizza shouldn't be his fall guy.

If anyone needs to man up it's Dodge, not the 19-year old QB. Vizza has more than proven he has character. There's no point in letting him continue to take a physical and mental beating from this joke of a coaching staff beyond this season.

I didn't see anyone pinning this disaster on Vizza, only questioning why he refused to stand up and be accountable to the press and thus the fans and supporters of this program, even when things are not good.

As far as Dibrell, check out the Denton County Sheriff's Department website (this is public information that everyone on this board is entitled to). I wouldn't want Vizza "hitting" anything with Dibrell. As far as I'm concerned, the fewer players we have on the team with police records the better.

As far as Vizza and how you claim he should have gone to Nevada... well if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Vizza chose to come to UNT. He is here and needs to make the best of it. He has been given a lot of responsibility on this team and if he walks away, that would be weak and pathetic. Anyone can walk away when things are tough. It takes character and strength to hold on and turn things around. I hope Vizza falls into the latter category.

Your an ass Meagngreenyourmommysucks. You obviously have no idea what Dibrell did or what actually happened do you?

You know nothing about Dibrell nor Gio so why don't you take your post and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Your an ass Meagngreenyourmommysucks. You obviously have no idea what Dibrell did or what actually happened do you?

You know nothing about Dibrell nor Gio so why don't you take your post and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

While this is not the kind of laundry that needs to be aired out publicly on a fan forum, MeanGreenMommyness might be on the right track........ :shuriken:

Case Information

Filed on 01/17/2008

12/09/07-FAILURE TO IDENTIFY

Misdemeanor C

Current Status: Disposed

$1,000.00 Bond Posted by Shawn Cagle - City Hall Bail Bonds (Bankers Ins.

Current Status of Bond: Bond Closed as of 04/30/2008

Disposition Information

04/30/2008 - Judgment Of Conviction And Sentence

Presiding Judge: VAHLENKAMP, VIRGIL

Fine: $500.00

Court Costs: $181.00

Current Balance: $0.00

That's it? A Class C Misdemeanor Failure to Identify that was resolved back in April is what caused the tension between Dodge and Sam? What a joke!

Look I've searched the dockets at the Denton County Court website. That's all there is on Dibrell. He didn't identify himself to a UNT cop. So what? The case was done with six months ago.

Daniel will graduate from UNT and be a UNT Alum, one of you. He could have transferred, but didn't. UNT is as much his university as it is yours, all the guys he has played with are great memories. Daniel will be successful in life no matter what he does.

DM is a class kid. I'm glad he stayed with the program and helped however they let him. He'll make a fine alum too.

By the way, although I'm currently a non-practicing attorney, I know how to read between the lines of the dockets. Whatever Dibrell did, it was very minor to warrant only a C-variety misdemeanor. It's on the level of receiving a speeding ticket.

There's nothing else there. No additional activity that either the UNT or Denton police could claim, nor the DA or his office produce. One charge, carrying the weight of a speeding ticket, and begun by the campus police.

Defend Dodge all you want. But, don't try to throw some kid under the bus in the process.

By the way, the same judge in Sam's case was the same one that handled my speeding ticket way back in 1992.

Saying no comment is a lot better than saying something you might later regret.

Vizza and the rest of the team have taken their share of blame as they have all season. What else is left to say after being throttled by a team that completely dominated them?

FAU with studs all over the field only scored 17 points on Troy. All Conference QB Rusty Smith fared no better than our QB and he is supposely NFL material and loaded at WR.

If Dodge can do you anything for this team, its to not read this bull crap on this board.

I just hope the young players stick with it and don't give up. You know they are all hurting so piling on doesn't help.

Vizza's had very little to do with costing us this game. A player does what he is coached to do during the week. When the coach moves practice into the PEB on Wed (the day that most work is done and makes that practice 45 min. then the players can not be coached up to win.

Yea he tells the team that he has given up and there is nothing that he can do to help them improve. A team looks to the coaches for leadership and direction so now you know where they are headed.

He knew his career was over after game 5 of last year. TD ego would never let me see the field again. TD made it clear that Vizza was his QB even during his recruting trip when it was anounced that he was going to build this program around Vizza. TD made one mistake he said that he would play the player that had the best results in two-a-days. That lasted for four games.

I totally disagree wiht this statement the only way to get better is to be coached and learn from these growing pains and on the field mistakes. Ford and George are the worst coaches that this school has seen in the last 10 years. Many on this board want Drakes job that is just a start. This group of young men could learn and grow but the way it is going now you are seeing them wasted.

Wow, I can't find the words. Very insightful post.

Dibrell knows what he did. Dodge is a class act and rather than ruin the kid's life, he let him leave with dignity - even though it makes Dodge look bad (having yet another player leave the team)... There are problems on this team that happen when you get a bunch of 18-19 year old kids into a place and they make 18-19 year old kid's mistakes. I think that a major problem with Dodge's recruiting is that a lot of these kids don't really "need" a scholarship. Their parents can afford to send them to any school that they want. So when the going gets tough - these kids get going and they just go "party" somewhere else. One of them is at SMU now... the core of Dickey's players were kids that had been looked over by most colleges and truly needed a ship just to go to school. It made them hungry and sometimes hunger is better than talent. We need a balance of both. I think that Mr Meager is saying (and I tend to agree with him) is that coaches can only do so much... It takes the Juniors and Seniors to set the example and if those kids aren't being given respect, they will not give that respect back and in turn you have a breakdown of the system. If this is the case, it is going to be another 2-3 years before this thing really gets turned around (and that is if enough kids stick around)... I will be here, watching them play in a new stadium as well.

Dibrell knows what he did. Dodge is a class act and rather than ruin the kid's life, he let him leave with dignity - even though it makes Dodge look bad (having yet another player leave the team)... There are problems on this team that happen when you get a bunch of 18-19 year old kids into a place and they make 18-19 year old kid's mistakes. I think that a major problem with Dodge's recruiting is that a lot of these kids don't really "need" a scholarship. Their parents can afford to send them to any school that they want. So when the going gets tough - these kids get going and they just go "party" somewhere else. One of them is at SMU now... the core of Dickey's players were kids that had been looked over by most colleges and truly needed a ship just to go to school. It made them hungry and sometimes hunger is better than talent. We need a balance of both. I think that Mr Meager is saying (and I tend to agree with him) is that coaches can only do so much... It takes the Juniors and Seniors to set the example and if those kids aren't being given respect, they will not give that respect back and in turn you have a breakdown of the system. If this is the case, it is going to be another 2-3 years before this thing really gets turned around (and that is if enough kids stick around)... I will be here, watching them play in a new stadium as well.

I'm afraid NT will lose the momentum of getting a new stadium if TD stays and goes 0-12 again next year. Imagine the hype RV can bring to NT by bringing a new coach to ride the wave of the new stadium vote. Will there be enough of anything if another season liek thsi one happens again?

PHS is speaking from his heart and is obviously very close to the program. He believes what I believe that the Clayton George is not building us any WR's. How can UNT have 3 non scholly players getting so many reps at WR? One starter has all the athletic ability in the world but can't run routes, is easy to bring down after the catch, and either drops deep balls or doesn't even go after the fade throw to him last night.

How can we have Bailey, Rose, and Menard on the bench the entire game when the OL is getting blasted?

How about Coach Deloach and Buckles, are they making any strides in the secondary? Troy had open WR's and had easy throws all night long.

Our offense has no easy throws, no threats to go the distance at WR and no threats on punt or kick returns.

UNT is a long way from winning games. I would say that the best we can hope for is to be competitive in 2010.

I just hope some of these players who are playing now will eventually reap some benefit.

Everyone is frustrated with this team. No one has invested more and gotten less in return than the players themselves. That must be wildly disappointing for them.

But Giovanni Vizza is supposed to be the leader of this team and he is ducking interviews with the press after the game. Is that how a leader acts? Did Scott Hall do that? After throwing three interceptions and getting blown out at Homecoming shouldn't Vizza have the courage to answer the questions about what went wrong and offer his take on how they can get better?

During a disappointing season, I understand not wanting to talk about it and I would forgive a guy who didn't want to participate in some mid-week press requests (since he has school obligations and filmwork and so on). But right after a game, a leader needs to step up, face the press and take his medicine. Especially after throwing three interceptions. That is an opportunity for him to demonstrate his character. Vizza's failure to do that is also an indictment against Todd Dodge, who should know better than to let his starting quarterback behave that way.

Vizza sure was available to answer questions from the media last season when he was setting freshman passing records. I would feel much more certain about him being the man to turn this program around if he could stand up and be a voice of accountability and hope for this team's future. If he can't do that, maybe it is time to give someone else a chance.

Even a spineless wimp like Chris Simms had the balls to face the media after a tough loss when he played at Texas (even though Mack Brown answered all his questions).

I've seen Vizza run over defensive linemen who weigh 100 pounds more than him. There is no doubt about his physical toughness. I'm just starting to question if he has the mental toughness to remain the starting quarterback of this team.

Why should Vizza talk to he press, Sarah Palin won't either!

This is a 5 minute major version of time off.