Troy

UNT2012

Troy has big time talent. they completed 40 out of 50 throws and had all day to throw.

troy defense is big time. they smothered our wr's and our qb. their safeties just played home and we were lucky not to have thrown more picks. troy safeties never had to worry about the running game to open up the middle of the field for the passing game.

without casey, we have no offensive threats and on defense we cannot cover anyone. thankfully, d-line batted down some troy throws or his stats would have been almost perfect.

next year riley will start but who is going to make plays. we had two of our interceptions that were on the wr's and had several drops.

vizza is pressed to make some throws to try to make something happen. dodge will start riley next season but who is gonna step up and make the big time catches, who is going to spread the field, who is going to run the ball that makes defenses honest.

deloach is ok but not actually doing a lot out there. this whole team needs to be imploded.

Edited by UNT2012

One thing I noticed last night was the Fitzgerald was one of the few receivers willing to catch a ball when a big hit was inevitable. We dropped quite a few catchable balls b/c the receiver was anticipating the hit and took their eyes off the ball...I know I am not the one who would have to take this punishment, but dang.... catch the damn ball!

We have a habit of making all our opponents look good.

despite how good we made them look, that d line is the real deal. I can't remember the number but the d lineman that was about 6'5'' is the next troyboy to go to the league.

One thing I noticed last night was the Fitzgerald was one of the few receivers willing to catch a ball when a big hit was inevitable. We dropped quite a few catchable balls b/c the receiver was anticipating the hit and took their eyes off the ball...I know I am not the one who would have to take this punishment, but dang.... catch the damn ball!

As the old coaching adage goes, "You're gonna get hit anyway, you might as well catch the damn ball!"

deloach is ok but not actually doing a lot out there.

Deloach can't put on a uniform, so I don't know what else you are expecting...

I see you joined the board this year. I don't know how long you have been following this team, but Deloach has our players in position to make plays which is more than I can say for Mendoza. The defense just isn't making plays. Give Deloach some time, he will make this defense better as soon as they stop thinking and start being proactive. I saw some bright spots on defense, but some poor tackles and some horrible chase angles.