Navy Downs Unt Rival Smu

chrisfisher

Unbelievable! Navy beats SMU 34-7 entirely with the run game... no passing attempts...pretty crazy.

it's not that crazy. One of my best friends plays for smu called me after the game and said he said the weather was freezing and really horrible for a passing team like smu. So running the ball every play is the reason navy won by the margin that they did. And for the record, i dislike smu as much as everyone else.

Edited by NTerock

SMU is my biggest rival, it is UNT's biggest rival and regional opponent.

There is so much bad blood between the two teams.... NT and SMU both signed on to a long term series.....

I want to be in whatever conference SMU is in, so we could get their ass each year as a conference win for us and a conference loss for them.

The only people who have ever sent us death threats for stuff we wrote on TY Sports are SMU fans. Not even the Navy rapist's family went that far.

They can say whatever they want about not caring... But when we talk, they froth at the mouth. If that's not rivalry, I don't know what is.

You always seem pretty defensive about Smut. Anything you want to confess?? :ph34r:

Nope not really. I have no personal ties to SMU. Just a bunch of friends who went there or have ties there. I am a NT alum and proud of it. I just think it is very ridiculous to think SMU and NT have this huge rivalry or have this blood hatred. Believe me....it does not exist on their side. I do not see a reason why it should exist on our side as of yet.

Nope not really. I have no personal ties to SMU. Just a bunch of friends who went there or have ties there. I am a NT alum and proud of it. I just think it is very ridiculous to think SMU and NT have this huge rivalry or have this blood hatred. Believe me....it does not exist on their side. I do not see a reason why it should exist on our side as of yet.

Agree , but they they would care if we were winning right now

The SMU-UNT rivalry is something that only exists in the mind of a few people on this board. They've worked hard over the years to create one with baiting and board-hopping, but for the most part, no one on either campus really gives a crap about the other. SMU's rival is TCU. We, sadly, don't have a true rival.

I honestly think it's sad how people keep trying to MAKE this a rivalry.

The SMU-UNT rivalry is something that only exists in the mind of a few people on this board. They've worked hard over the years to create one with baiting and board-hopping, but for the most part, no one on either campus really gives a crap about the other. SMU's rival is TCU. We, sadly, don't have a true rival.

I honestly think it's sad how people keep trying to MAKE this a rivalry.

Thank you! I love you!

SMU's rival is TCU.

Most TCU fans would disagree with you. They like to believe they are above the Smuts of the world. As for NT, we are geographical rivals with both Smu, TCU, and UTA for that matter just because of playing some similar sports on the same level and compete within the same media area for the same recruits and same metroplex fanbase.

In my opinion as of right now it is not a rival. If NT consistently plays SMU in the future even after the signed series beginning in 2014 then I will call it more of a rival. If you talk to SMU people or go to their boards, they hardly every talk or care about NT. It is only people on this board that have this personal vendetta against SMU claiming that SMU is the sole reason of why we have been shafted in athletics which to me is complete BS. People here need to give it up on SMU.

I think that Green Mean should become a full time pony fan. He / She, what ever Green Mean is, does a great job of fluffing the ponies. Enjoy the boulivard of broken dreams June bug is bringing.

I think that Green Mean should become a full time pony fan. He / She, what ever Green Mean is, does a great job of fluffing the ponies. Enjoy the boulivard of broken dreams June bug is bringing.

If they are not playing NT then I root for them to win as I do root for TCU. If I am a Pony fan then so be it. June Jones will turn SMU around. Mark it.