Villarreal Issues Challenge To Unt Fans

Brett Vito

“It has been a struggle and seven hard years to get to this point,” Villarreal said. “Now we are here. You have asked, now it is time to get on board and be a part of the future and what we can be and should be. We are a 35,000-student institution and should be great in everything that we do. The football stadium will help us be great in that area.”

I read that this morning. I didn't think of it as a challenge, but we should take it that way.

If it is to be, it's up to you and me.

GO MEAN GREEN

---This a football crazy state..... and there are a lot of good athletes out there...... we should be at least a 50-50 team given the people we play. More wins means better support... in the stands and with the pocketbook.

Time for me to shut up and put up! I have played armchair everything in my opinions, many of you have rightly pointed that out. Once again, I am going to give this thing a go. I have seen so many starts of something in our football/athletic program, only to see nothing happen. That said, I do not think Rick needs to draw a line in the sand or anything like that. The "YES" vote said it all. The students have done their part in this, and any alumni that knows about this project, knows about the voting results, and also has a shred of pride in the athletic future of this university should be saying "what can I do?". Please, I get tired of people saying I would have done this or that, but was not asked. Heck, just jump in! And to all you Mean Green fans who may feel like I have at times, both former and present, it really really is different this time!!

I know it will probably happen soon but fans have been waiting several years for a meeting to explain how, when, and what to donate to a new stadium. The vote had to take place first but the next order of business (besides getting stadium engineer reports asap) should be to gather MGC members and tell the details of the public phase of the campaign.....if that's what this finally is. Show us the money!...er Bill !