Andy "avenger" Hogue

UNTflyer

Oh and lets not forget...we need to pay homage to Simon.

Wow, I thought the people against the fee said "people come to UNT because it's artsy and not for football" and now he is saying it is an inferior institution. If that isn't a call to change the status quo, I don't know what is.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not believe this, but Andy went to as many games as possible, even before 2001 during the "Dark Ages". He's hilarious and cool, but was around, like I was, to see a lot of dirty politics and behind the scenes mess. He's a very good and useful journalist, since unless he's writing an opinion piece, he remains fair when dealing with print media. Unlike me, a lot of the people who went through a lot of the b.s. around the turn of the millennium usually equate whatever is going on with some of what happened back then. Can't say I blame them, but they VERY much distrust anything "official" that takes place, as there was a lot of taint (hahah) back then.

You may not believe this, but Andy went to as many games as possible, even before 2001 during the "Dark Ages". He's hilarious and cool, but was around, like I was, to see a lot of dirty politics and behind the scenes mess. He's a very good and useful journalist, since unless he's writing an opinion piece, he remains fair when dealing with print media. Unlike me, a lot of the people who went through a lot of the b.s. around the turn of the millennium usually equate whatever is going on with some of what happened back then. Can't say I blame them, but they VERY much distrust anything "official" that takes place, as there was a lot of taint (hahah) back then.

He kinda reminds me of a favorite Winston Churchill quote "If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain." Hmmm, I was a Young Republican as a college freshman, Young Democrat as a sophomore; back and forth. Andy seems like he's trying to be both at once, so maybe it's all just part of being 20-something, bouncing around. Or maybe he's like many of us are at one time or another, searching. However, if Flyer says he has no basis to challenge the referendum, I'll trust Flyer on that one.

Joe and Spencer: I think you should turn this group into a scholarship fund raiser.

A bunch of students four years from now are going to find it very difficult to afford UNT ... not just because of the fee increase, but due to many other factors, such as a diminishing of student loans (if this housing market slump and credit crunch continues) and the rising cost of doing business.

This is jest, right?

I mean, seriously?

He kinda reminds me of a favorite Winston Churchill quote "If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain." Hmmm, I was a Young Republican as a college freshman, Young Democrat as a sophomore; back and forth. Andy seems like he's trying to be both at once, so maybe it's all just part of being 20-something, bouncing around. Or maybe he's like many of us are at one time or another, searching. However, if Flyer says he has no basis to challenge the referendum, I'll trust Flyer on that one.

He's always been hardcore conservative. His federal ideals sometimes color his local/educational ones, which at times doesn't fit due to differences in systems.

Flyer's right-it's after 5pm and nobody had anything valid to create a claim. I'm shocked, actually. I figured at least 1 group would attempt an invalid claim. The fact that no one did speaks to how well SGA did at ensuring all voters had a chance to have their voices heard.

He's always been hardcore conservative. His federal ideals sometimes color his local/educational ones, which at times doesn't fit due to differences in systems.

Flyer's right-it's after 5pm and nobody had anything valid to create a claim. I'm shocked, shocked, actually. I figured at least 1 group would attempt an invalid claim. The fact that no one did speaks to how well SGA did at ensuring all voters had a chance to have their voices heard.

Edited for emphasis, and my short analysis of Andy Hogue: "Just bouncing around".

Not gonna happen! Andy wants us to be a bond-free University and not increase fees. He'd still watch games at crappy Fouts for 10 years if he had his way. He bleeds green in his own odd way. Don't worry, he's doesn't usually make waves about anything that doesn't involve funding as far as UNT goes (well, that and really liking being a Republican-not liking liberal events, etc).

I'm not saying you shouldn't debate him or dog him, he does the same to the rest of us, but don't assume anything beyond what you see...he's a pretty open book. "Better the devil you know" and all that, eh?

Andy wants us to be a bond-free University and not increase fees. He'd still watch games at crappy Fouts for 10 years if he had his way.

Glad he won't have his way. He sounds like someone childish who hangs around college to find protest fights and write useless, outdated editorials while his peers mature and move on. Another future welfare candidate.

Glad he won't have his way. He sounds like someone childish who hangs around college to find protest fights and write useless, outdated editorials while his peers mature and move on. Another future welfare candidate.

Yeah, while we're all progressively posting endlessly on a college football message board.

Grow Up Andy!

Hey, we're all anonymous here, right? :rolleyes:

Damn right!

It may be a loony bin, but it's our loony bin, and we're certianly entitled to make faces out the window at the crazy people we see wandering around.

And Andy Hogue, yep, he's a certified creationist, white squirrel loving, football hating, Jesus freak right wing nutjob.

Students can't afford the fee!

*3 days later*

Now that the fee is passed, students should donate to pay the fee for future students!

<_<

The future student argument makes it sound like they are forced to come here. There are plenty of other options.

What I find most amusing is that if there was a significant unfair bias on either side of this issue it would have been on the "ANTI" side.

*The student newspaper all but calls the fee criminal.

*Professors actually tell their students not to vote yes.

*People stood at computer labs trying to round up "no" votes.

*Satan = Andy Hogue

Yeah, that about sums it up.