drex

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odus Mitchell Stadium

Here here!

A lot of his family still lives in or around Denton.

I also like Mitchell-Haynes Field with the stadium named after the donor. The biggest donor to date will be the students, so Student Stadium would be fine.

Fry Field at Peterbuilt Stadium has no shot since Playmaker mentioned it.

I picked Mitchell because he was the winningest coach in school history and was also the coach during integration. He was way before my time, so I'm pleased that the older alums who actually remember the man are so taken with my suggestion. I'm big on honoring history when you can, and he's the best we have on the gridiron.

Maybe G. Brint Ryan of Ryan & Co. will give something. Although, I think he gave/is giving a huge chunk for the new business school. If you don't know of Ryan & Co., it's a 28 office tax firm in US and Canada....pretty big deal UNT alum

Odus Mitchell.

But Rick has said he hopes a big donor comes forward and the stadium would be named after that person. Here is a list of DFW's richest people and their net worth (in billions):

Alice Walton, Fort Worth: 16.1

Harold Simmons, Dallas: 7.4

Robert Rowling, Dallas: 6.4

Robert Bass, Fort Worth: 5.5

Henry Ross Perot, Dallas: 4.4

Ray Hunt, Dallas: 4.0

Richard Rainwater, Fort Worth: 3.5

David Bonderman, Fort Worth:3.3

Lee Bass, Fort Worth: 3.0

Sid Bass, Fort Worth: 3.0

T. Boone Pickens, Dallas: 3.0

Mark Cuban, Dallas: 2.6

Edward Bass, Fort Worth: 2.5

Andrew Beal, Dallas: 1.5

Gerald J. Ford, Dallas: 1.5

Sadly I am not related to a single Bass on that list. :(

Here here!

A lot of his family still lives in or around Denton.

I also like Mitchell-Haynes Field with the stadium named after the donor. The biggest donor to date will be the students, so Student Stadium would be fine.

Fry Field at Peterbuilt Stadium has no shot since Playmaker mentioned it.

Hey no one is more deserving than the coach that has always been there for NT, Mr. Hayden Fry...Also I think Peterbuilt should take a close look at getting the naming rights, they are across the street and get frontage for i-35e and i-35w truckers...

Legendary Coach Hayden Fry Field at the 35,700 seat Peterbuilt Stadium.....

I want a 9 foot bronze statue of Mean Joe in the south end zone for players to rub before they take the field coming out of the athletic facility.

Winstar stadium. Prime demographic area along I-35 and the natives have the dough.

I picked Mitchell because he was the winningest coach in school history and was also the coach during integration. He was way before my time, so I'm pleased that the older alums who actually remember the man are so taken with my suggestion. I'm big on honoring history when you can, and he's the best we have on the gridiron.

First off, I am pissed that I have now reached the age to be referred to as an "older alum."

Coach Mitchell was a great man that remained tied to North Texas after his retirement. I grew up with many of his grandchildren, and he was a great man and deserves to be recognized.

I want a 9 foot bronze statue of Mean Joe in the south end zone for players to rub before they take the field coming out of the athletic facility.

Funny, Quoner has a nine foot bronze of Johnny Quinn that he rubs every time he leaves home.

Funny, Quoner has a nine foot bronze of Johnny Quinn that he rubs every time he leaves home.

To be fair, it's only one part of him, so if you don't know me, you kind of walking away thinking it could be anyone.