So....

Green Guy Bass

In the first and second half, we had three non scholarship WR's on the field at the same time. Can Clayton George develop WR's or is he just lucky to have stumbled upon Casey?

I believe it is the latter. He finally uses Stick, Gio got him the ball and got his confidence rolling and he has a career night.

Where are all these stud wideouts, where is the development. Losing Dibrell hurts because he rarely put the ball on the turf. Dibrell I sure hope you will reconsider because next season we have no one with any experience but Lott that can make plays.

After Dodge and Deloach hand out their defensive scholarships, I sure hope they get a JUCO with some experience who isn't affraid to take a hit, knows how to run routes, and who really wants yards after the catch like Stick, Casey and Rod.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, Deloach is getting his ass handed to him as well. If he is using young players instead of Mahan, Latiff, and company then he is to blame. Dodge doesn't have anything to do with the defense but sit there and watch on the sideline and wonder WTF.

Deloach seems to be playing people out of position. Gilmore, Mahan, what happend to Kartay? Why would you put your most natural DE at tackle? Gilmore had a ton of knock downs last season, has long arms and is fairly good at stopping the run on the outside and Deloach has him playing tackle? What is up with that? Where is Franklin, why did we burn his shirt if he wasn't going to play significant minutes?

Who ever said Dodge doesn't have anything to do with the defense?

The football game is only half the day on game days. Tailgating and visiting with your OTHER family is the other.

I wouldn't consider a saturday complete without it.

And this doesn't even include homecoming.

And if you want to talk about a football team that sucks just turn on CBS right now. Damn Cowboys. Wheels Off!

Rick

Well North Texas and the Cowboys have one thing in common, not so "special teams". Poor special teams play seems like the start of a downward spiral. Blocked punts are never a good sign.

Some sad comments here folks....GRUMPY would be saying it nicely. If you can't enjoy a great Saturday afternoon/evening on a college campus going to tailgating, eating some great tailgate food, drinking some cold beer, seeing lots of "pretty people"...well, some not so pretty ones too, but whose counting?....and watching a college football game then you have some serious "challenges" going on in your life.

YES, I want to win and I want to WIN NOW, but looks like that will not happen to any great extent in 2008. OK, "God willing and the creek don't rise", I'll be in my seat with my bride beside me for the 2009 season....Again having a great time at a college football game on a beautiful Saturday afternoon/evening. You might want to try it sometime...it really is GREAT!

GO MEAN GREEN.....

In the first and second half, we had three non scholarship WR's on the field at the same time. Can Clayton George develop WR's or is he just lucky to have stumbled upon Casey?

I believe it is the latter. He finally uses Stick, Gio got him the ball and got his confidence rolling and he has a career night.

Where are all these stud wideouts, where is the development. Losing Dibrell hurts because he rarely put the ball on the turf. Dibrell I sure hope you will reconsider because next season we have no one with any experience but Lott that can make plays.

After Dodge and Deloach hand out their defensive scholarships, I sure hope they get a JUCO with some experience who isn't affraid to take a hit, knows how to run routes, and who really wants yards after the catch like Stick, Casey and Rod.

I really don't want to be negative, so if the mods on the board thing this post shouldn't be here, then by all means I can or they can delete it. The question on the WR's that we have recruited are not as talented as we were lead to believe.

I really don't want to be negative, so if the mods on the board thing this post shouldn't be here, then by all means I can or they can delete it. The question on the WR's that we have recruited are not as talented as we were lead to believe.

You may and are probably right but I think WR's take a little longer to find "it" and I think sometimes it can apply to the college game too.

There are some promising young WR's on the team now, and a few of them are redshirting. Also, from everything you read, that Daniel Mayberry ('09 commit) is one of the best WR's in Dallas area high school football this year. We need quality lineman on both sides to make a difference! That's the biggest difference in top programs and other programs.

Until the new stadium is built what on earth are we going to do to distract us from the worst football team in the country?

Nothing really comes to mind and sadly I see no reason to burn a Saturday at Fouts, or even tune into the MGRN when we are on the road. I suppose we can all get jazzed about our basketball team now. So very beaten down right now. :mellow:

Now that's the kind of support NT needs. How's the "fair weather?"

Two things we have to look forward to in October alone.....

1) Homecoming .... great weekend of college football in denton...be there!

and

2) Oct. 30th Meet and Greet sponsored by the Denton Chapter of the UNT Alumni Assoc. with Coach Stephens and Coach Jones. Begins at 6:30 at the Alumni/Exes center on Campus. Munchies/drinks...and a good time for all Mean Green nation Members/Alums...come on and bring a firend (better yet if they are an Alum and would be interested in joining the Alumni Association!)......

SEE YOU AT BOTH EVENTS!!!!!! Lots of good things going on at UNT!!!

Now that's the kind of support NT needs. How's the "fair weather?"

Sorry if I don't have my foam finger out and my knee pads on for an 0-7 team that is showing no real signs of improvement. I guess one can't be a true fan of the program if they take off their green tinted glasses and take an honest look at things. Get off your pedestal.

Sorry if I don't have my foam finger out and my knee pads on for an 0-7 team that is showing no real signs of improvement. I guess one can't be a true fan of the program if they take off their green tinted glasses and take an honest look at things. Get off your pedestal.

Your tickers were kinda shaky today.

A real Mean Green fan would have voted the "Wildcat Patrick Cobbs" play Homer Call of the week....... strangely you didn't. Don't let Bob Sunbelt bully you.

Edited by Green P1

Tell me what not attending a game and bad-mouthing a bunch of 18-22 year olds is accomplishing? I just think it is wrong when an alumni states that they have no use for going or listening to a game.

I don't think I'm on a pedestal, but I will jump down when you stop shooting the bird at your school.

Well there are only two saturdays left if I am not mistaking. The best part of gameday is the tailgating and ass. Atleast you can do that and not go to the game. This year there is nothing to look forward to other than baby steps of improvement. Although we shut out ULM in the 2nd half last night, to me it still does not say much but I hope it is enough to give our guys a spark in their ass. The new stadium is a true asset and weapon we have now for recruiting. I just hope Dodge can recruit guys we actually need and not just skill players for his offense. As for being the next South Florida, I hope you are right but we have a ways to go. The first and foremost need is moving into a better conference such as the MWC or even CUSA if we are able to get in. Then we can start talking about truly being a BCS buster type of team.

Right now trying to compete in the SBC is more than we can handle. I doubt if anyother conference is clamoring for UNT. Have you noticed with all the recievers Coach has recruited two starting wideouts are walkons and the other is a Dickey recruit ? The off. does seem to be improving, but this may be because of the weaker opposition. Now is not the time to desert the team, or the Coach.

Tell me what not attending a game and bad-mouthing a bunch of 18-22 year olds is accomplishing? I just think it is wrong when an alumni states that they have no use for going or listening to a game.

I don't think I'm on a pedestal, but I will jump down when you stop shooting the bird at your school.

How am I shooting the bird at my school by being frustrated over what the hell happens on Saturday afternoons in the fall? I want us to play well and prosper as much as possible, however when there is a true lack of progress on the field under a head coach that was sold to the fan-base as the savior - people are going to be a little ticked and I am one of them. Deal with it. I am not alone here either. If you don't like what I have to say ignore it and move on with whatever point you want to make. Nobody says you have to call me out as a 'fair weather fan', when I pay as much attention, if not more than the vast majority of people that post here.

It does bug the hell out of me that members (like you) get so upset with the tone and mood of what members post. Maybe you should get a LIFER.

That is precisely the reason...they are 18-22 year olds and not 5-7 year olds. They know they play Div 1A football and even little ol North Texas has their fans and have media to critique them. It simply comes with the territory. I love to drink green kool aid too but there is only so much one can handle. From my perspective I am not even sure if its the product on the field...to me its all coaching. Its amazes me that our boys cannot even compete. We would get raped by good D1AA teams and would lose to half of D1AA teams. How is a fan not going to be turned off or pissed at that? It does not mean he/she dislikes their school or is a traitor or shooting the bird at your school. From my perspective, if I am able to attend another game this year it will be because of the pre game atmosphere, tailgating, hot women etc. I know we suck so I wont really expect or care anything much about the game although if I actually see the game I will cheer on the boys like everybody else in the stands and hope they win. Again all you have to do is look at the schedule and results and see why people have a reason to bitch about the football team.