Nt Daily Article On The Vote

UNTflyer

I know there was trepidation over a large voter turnout, but I think the level of participation and the convincing result makes this an even stronger statement in favor of the new stadium. The students really stepped up.

This is the first time I can remember when the student body - not just a few individuals like the hard-core on this board - stepped up and said, "We want more from the athletic department, we expect more from the athletic department, and we're willing to pay more to support the athletic department." These students deserve tremendous credit for doing what has not happened at North Texas before.

This is a very encouraging day, one to be long remembered.

Students voted this week to build a new $60 million stadium at NT for the Mean Green football team

Well, they almost got all the facts right. The stadium isn't simply for the football team. It's for the university and all of it's alumni and students and for those who will come after them.

I want to do something very special and very easy for the students at homecoming and I will ask every single one of you alumni to help me.

Stay Tuned.

Rick

Well, they almost got all the facts right. The stadium isn't simply for the football team.

It is also for the Marching Band, the Cheerleaders, the Student Assistants, Dance team, Cannon Crew, and endless other organizations that participate on game day. This is an INVESTMENT in the future of UNT. I am glad the result turned out very positive for NT Athletics....but don't ever let me go through a week like that again!

Well, they almost got all the facts right. The stadium isn't simply for the football team. It's for the university and all of it's alumni and students and for those who will come after them.

I want to do something very special and very easy for the students at homecoming and I will ask every single one of you alumni to help me.

Stay Tuned.

Rick

I think that Flyer was stating that this was the first time that The Daily hasn't intentionally spread disinformation to further their agenda.

This issue isn't unique to the North Texas paper. One of the largest news sources in the world, Pravda, had the same type of issues with it's credibility from 1912 to 1991. It retained higher standards of journalistic integrity than the NT Daily, but not by much.

I still love how The Daily reported that the University of Houston is able to magically fund it's athletic program through rainbows and sunshine.

care-bears.jpg

"Jeepers, it's a good thing we can do this instead of having institutional support"

NT DAILY

The Finest Source For Yellow Journalism